4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Which Recall?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
simon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 16:25    Post subject: Which Recall? Reply with quote

Hi All
I'm a bit out of touch with these recalls!!...The Missis has had her 98 3.td lwb
since 2004, at the time I contacted my local dealer regarding the 'diesel in the oil problem' they told me the required work (new seals etc) had been carried out 2002/2003 sort of timeby previous owner.

Having recently read all the posts regarding recalls am I right in thinking there is a further problem with these 'replaced' seals or is it still the original problem??
I would be grateful if anyone could put my mind at rest.
I have NOT received any recall notices for anything, although I know the troop is registered on the database (it's not an import)
As it is now Saturday afternoon all the Isuzi service centres are closed so I can't do anything till Monday.

What work should have been carried out?

Thanks Simon
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 16:25    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 16:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

you will get a letter you just have to be patient and keep checking that oil level
Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 18:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Simon,

Welcome to ITOC  Very Happy

I cant add anything more than eithan h .... keep an eye on your oil level (remember to always check it on level ground and before it has been run!) and you should be fine. If the oil level starts to rise contact your local dealer and they should be able to push it thru as a priority job.
simon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:00    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Hi Again
Thank you both for your reply.

Simon
simon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:26    Post subject: The Long and Winding Road Reply with quote

Well...following on from my recent post, I now feel like an unwanted dog with a bad disease!!

On Monday morning I'll called I.M. querying the whereabouts of my recall letter/s.  I was put on hold and then 'infinity mode' I called back again and was told the person I needed to speak to would call me back in 1/2 hour...yeah right!!..no call was received.

I then decided to get the ball rolling with my local dealer ''could I speak to someone regarding the trooper recal campaigns please''..L O N G  P A U S E
They tried to fob me off with you''ll get a letter soon.  ''Well can you check on the database exactly what recalls I require, I asked'' give me your telephone number and we will call you back.......yeah right!..no call received!!

Tuesday morning I called again..''remember me?''..yes they did!..er sorry sir you must have given me the wrong phone number. (starting to feel unwashed?)
I'll look on our data now sir......yes it requires 3 recalls. Great I said when can you do them?   Well sir did you buy the car from us?..no I said private...Ah..do you have it serviced here?..I don't but my usual Isuzi service garage has closed down I replied. (wonder why)
Well I'm sorry sir we are only carring out work on our own supplied / serviced vehicles, you will have to try somewhere else!! ( I must be starting to smell)
I then went to see my service engineer who deals with Isuzu and Suburu
but is not a dealership. He said I've had my fingers burnt a couple of times with these recall issues and therefore he's no longer getting involved.

I then contacted another local dealer...''right we'll have to phone you back sir''...yes you've guessed it!!
On Tueday afternoon I finally got Crossroads Isuzu of Shipston to take on my case and order the parts..bout 6 weeks he said..ummm I'll wait with baited breath.

So if you see a middle aged man with now greying hair and a blank stare stumbling slowly on the treadmill of life, don't teat him like a lepper..IT'S ONLY ME!!
Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blimey! Sounds like your having fun. It is normal practice to wait for the recall parts as they are carrying out so many the parts are in short supply.  ... they have the reputation for being the most helpful dealer around.
IsuzuNutter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Beesley wrote:
If you dont have any luck with your new dealer  ... they have the reputation for being the most helpful dealer around.

You on commission?  Laughing
Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope! just a personal recommendation after dealing with them. I had troubles with my last motor and the service manager talked me thru over the phone!
Richardhw
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 21:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't even phone my local dealer on something like this and they are about 15 miles from me. Give them a ring, speak with Drew and you will have your faith restored, (i'm not on commision either Smile ).
Mine was done in under a week from my first call to them Exclamation  Exclamation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: