2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Nitrogen Tyres !!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steve

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 20:13    Post subject: Nitrogen Tyres !!! Reply with quote

Hi all,

I've finally took the plunge today and changed my Rangie for a recently imported '93 Bighorn (should have done it years ago), and I've just noticed that all of the wheels have a printed label next to the tyre valves stating that they should only be filled with nitrogen. Has anyone come across this or is it just a Japanese joke of some kind ???

I expect I'll have loads of other questions as I fiddle with it more and more......good job this site's here.

By the way has anyone ever seen the Japanese manuals and handbooks, they are full of cartoons showing you what to do (of course it would be a lot easier if I could read the hieroglyphics as well)? I guess I'll be buying a manual from this site's shop very shortly.

Many thanks in advance
Steve
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 20:13    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lynn Johnson

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 22:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ,
it's no joke about nitrogen in the tyres, do it to aircraft tyres
Tyres filled with Nitrogen will maintain their correct pressure for longer, because Nitrogen doesn't leak through the tyre's structure. Normal compressed air contains Oxygen and water vapour, both of which permeate through the tyre casing !
now all you have to do is find somewhere to inflate them
Lynn
kwaker9r

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 22:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Steve

Nitrogen has been used in race bike tyres for years, because there is less chance of expansion which forces tyres out of shape thus reducing tyre contact with the race track. As far as i know it will not make any noticeable differance to your Bighorn if it has notrogen or air in them. One more thing, its good for putting fires out. Hope this is of help.

Happy driving
Chewy
steve

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 17:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for the advice Lynn and Chewy, I guess I'll just top them up with good old fashioned air..........and hopefully won't have to use the nitro to put out any fires !!!

Cheers
Steve
oddjob1952

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 16:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

nitrogen is used on aircraft because it is DRY no water content so no corrosion being you are not doing 200 mph at a weight of 400 tons should be no problem. mind you I have never seen nitrogen as being available at the local petrol pump anyway so would have no idea I would top up me tyres when not at work!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: