4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

3.1td goes phut!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cziltang

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 23:27    Post subject: 3.1td goes phut! Reply with quote

I drove my mates 93 3.1tdlwb citation from Malaga and got to Knutsford before the head gasket blew(I was enroute to Scotland). It had had a new head, rad and oil cooler care of the local Opel dealer(*beep* service) but now I must fix it. Can I get a pattern gasket set what are the torque settings for the head fasteners etc. All advice appreciated... it can't be any harder than the mondeo zetec head that I have just done. Oh yes it had a new turbo last year as well.Spain poor for refurb so I put one in my luggage and flew over for a weeks spannering and tapas overindulgence! Cheers ToNe
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 23:27    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

next35

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 15:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just done the head gasket and valve seals on my 3.1td (95). i got all the details printed out from a local Isuzu dealer. ie torque settings and sequence, valve clearences and sequence, i cant email them as i dont have a scanner and they are on paper. let me know by email if you need them and we can sort something out...
Cziltang

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 2:59    Post subject: more phut Reply with quote

The motor had broken a valve rocker! The THIRD one! we got another from Central Isuzu s/h cost £10+...new £13+ took longer to arrive than if we had ordered it from the dealers as they didn't process the order for two days and charged us £3 p&p for second class..cost 56p..and an old oil filter box!
Taking the depreciation into account this heap has cost my mate £11000 over 5 years. We didn't bother to fix the leaky head gasket as it has just been traded in for a volvo v40 estate to get shot of it. Reliability? the guy who runs the local cylinder head and engine rebuild shop says the 3.1 is "trouble" and new £800 heads needed often. Bye Bye Trooble.........
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: