2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Importing Trooper Bighorn into uk

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nsiviter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 7:01    Post subject: Importing Trooper Bighorn into uk Reply with quote

Hi im currently living in new zealand and want to bring my 1992 trooper 3.1d into the uk . As far as i can make out i dont need an sva because its above 10y old i think it just needs an mot . also ive read somewhere that i dont need to change the speedo to mph if its a personal import. the thing i do need is a fog lamp . Could anyone shead some light as i love this motor having only done a verified 79,000. whats the cheapest way of getting a fog lamp fitted. and are there any more pitfalls?

hope u can help

nsiviter
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 7:01    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

steve

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 19:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya nsiviter

Regarding the fog light, if you are going to fit one yourself (this is the cheapest way), you need to buy the light (about £2.99) and an illuminated switch (about £1.50) and simply wire it in. Two things to remember the fog light switch must be illuminated (or put an additional dash light in to show when the fog light is on) and the fog light must be either on the right or middle of the vehicle. Of course you could install two, one on either side.

The car won't need an SVA, you are quite right an MOT is required, then all you have to do is register it in this country at the local DVLA office. It's all quite straightforward and takes less than two weeks in total if you have all the necessary documentation (insurance, import documents from Customs and Excise, etc).

hth
Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: