QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

has bio broken it

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 20:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
are the injectors in 3.0 ltr unit injectors or are they different

Eh??? Confused Confused Confused Confused
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 20:47    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

bighornsully

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 18:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwas enjoying this thread untill it got lost in translation.my point about bio diesel is DONT! use it.
davehodge999

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 18:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

just to update.sorry i didnt make it clear i meant is the injection system common rail and are the injectoors classed as "unit injectors".have caried on running bio with mixed results untill i serviced the car last week.it now runs fine on 80% bio no starting probs as it struggled to start when warm.im wondering if when it went back in for the injectors to be put in properly they didnt use 5/30 oil as its a differnt car altogether now.is there any reason bio should be bad? as for the unit injector thing scania have just warrantied all vehicles with unit injectors at 100% bio
rallymarshall

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 20:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i used to have me vectra (1.8i petrol), if i filled up at the local esso garage the car would go like stink but only do 30mpg but if i filled up at asdas it would do 35 mpg but not go as good
since ive had the troop ive only filled up at asda (90.9) since i get dragged shopping, mite as well fill up there, the local esso garage (95.9)but im only getting on average 25mpg, perhaps i should fill up atthe esso garage and see if there any difference

65 vauxhall mokka 1.6cdti 4x4 se
66 vauxhall corsa vxr
Hard1
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 20:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most Supermarket fuels use BP who no longer have a refinery in the UK anymore so God knows where they get it from - so I think Supermarket fuel and BP could be anybody's

It's not true that all fuels are the same. Each manufacturer (for example, Esso makes their own at Fawley) have their own additive package and it's that that went wrong in the big silicone scandal a couple of weeks ago. Someone messed up at the storage tank end.

Not only because their refinery is local to me but i also know a lot of Exxon engineers and I'm very impressed with their committment and knowledge, so I always use Esso where and when...

Click HERE to see under my bonnet!
Richardhw
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 22:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously I can only speak about my own Trooper 3.0 with the recall done, but there doesn't seem to be any difference in the running or starting with whatever i put in the tank. I've had no problems in the last 12 months and that includes periods of using almost neat SVO.  Confused
I can't say this is something you should do, just that it seems to work for me without problems  Question
bighornsully

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

have i been givin to many horror stories about bio diesel ,could someone tell me if they have been using it for alongtime' then used derv & seen drastic changes with performance & smoke .iwould really appreciate it.
davehodge999

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 19:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

when the fuel problems at the supermarket happened it emerged tesco already put 5%bio in there diesel and ethanol or methanol or something along the lines in there petrol.as long as the bio is properly made there should be no probs.the firm i get mine off run all sorts new trannies new bmw x5 but there are odd engines that dont seem to run aswell but no paticular pattern.i havent tried svo in my 3.0 but as ive said it seems to run ok on bio just hope im not harming it suppose time will tell.i think im right in saying tesco have quite a large interest in a firm called greenergy who produce bio and tesco run all there delivery vehicles on a 50 % blend so it cant be all that bad for engines (i hope)
dxmedia

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 19:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no issues with running bio diesel over derv other than the high concentrate of glcyrene in the fule, which is why you need to change your filters and clean the injectors after starting to use it. It's washing out the dirt which derv has left in the system.

There can also be issues with rubber pipes in the fule line pereshing, but if a vehicle is converted correctly to run on bio, all this should be taken care of.

Diesel is named after the inventor who came up with the principle of a compression engine which would run on heavy oil, derv is called diesel as a reference to the engine, not the other way around.

The chances why an engine is running like a dog is that the filters and injectors need changing / cleaning, then you'll probably find that everything will be fine, plus there will be NO particulate emissions which are common when burning foissil based fuels.

01553 845 945
davehodge999

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 20:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

biodiesel is veg oil with the glycerine removed so there shouldnt be any problem with glycerine unless youre using straight veg oil.bio actually is a very good detergent and all it does is flush any old *beep* in youre tank or fuel lines thats why youre filter might block up but when youve changed it once it should be fine thereafter
dxmedia

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 21:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bio diesel made from veg oil is a 40% ratio of clean oil against sodium hyroxide and methanol. The by-product of this is glycerine (which is soap), when left to settle, both parts (bio and glycerine) seperate and the fuel is filtered off.  This process is not perfect due to a percentage disolved in the fuel during the production process, therefore there is a higher soap content in the fuel which causes some of the blockage problems when first used.

http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_make.html

01553 845 945
bighornsully

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx for the heads up guys ,all inew from my not personal experiance but one as a mech ,is the lines & filters needed changing & it didnt like highmileage engines ,mind you they mustve been knackered before use.what does the conversion insist of ''IE tougher seals etc.
regards
davehodge999

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 21:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

no conversion needed supposed to be "direct replacement"for diesel although on older vehicles most say before 1994 it may need different fuel pipe something to do with the rubber
dxmedia

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 23:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bio diesel will eat away natural rubber, so a conversion will be a removal and replacement of these parts, will include both pipes and seals....

01553 845 945
davehodge999

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 18:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

most vehicles after 94 dont use natural rubber cant really call swapping a piece of pipe a conversion
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: