2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

3.1 TD cooling system

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
next35

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:53    Post subject: 3.1 TD cooling system Reply with quote

Hi
I have a 95 3.1TD SWB, apparently the cooling system is prone to problems. Since having it (Jan 03) my rad has leaked which caused the engine to over heat and the head gasket to go. I replaced the head gasket, had the head skimmed and tested, all seemed fine for a few weeks then the problems began.
1, Heater blows hot when driving, when idleing blows cold.
2, Expansion tank fills up but doesnt syphon back to the rad when cool.
3, When engine is switched off the expansion tank bubbles up.

These were all the symptoms I had before the head gasket went, all disappeared after the gasket was replaced but have now returned, surely it cant still be the head.
If anyone has any other suggestions I would be extremly grateful.
Steve

PS
Replaced the stat and the rad cap. still has the same faults.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:53    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

allan j

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 18:38    Post subject: Engine overheating Reply with quote

Did you check the Block, there is very little metal between each off the bores and if engine overheats it can crack the blocki in this area and also between studs/bolts and waterways. Small turbo diesel engines seem prone to this problem (I know of 2 Jap 4*4's that this has happened to). If you dont want to take the head off again get some good quality Block sealer and try that, one of the jap motor's i mentioned above has been running around for a couple of years with no problems.

It is also worth checking the engine breather pipe for steam when hot, usually a sign of block fault, Sorry as this option is expensive unless you opt for the block sealer method, also worth trying to flush heater matrix with a hose pipe attached but dont think its this by symptoms you give.
next35

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 16:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip, If i use the block sealer it wont cause any other problems will it ( like rad seal does).

Not sure where the engine breather pipe is, do you have any idea?

Thanks
Steve
apf

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 20:08    Post subject: Rad Seal Reply with quote

What problems does rad seal (or rad weld) cause?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: