2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Radio/CD fitting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> ICE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omally

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 10:27    Post subject: Radio/CD fitting Reply with quote

I recently bought a '95 Lotus Bighorn, the trouble is the place I bought it from chopped off the connector for the radio and bodged in the cheap and nasty replacment.
Does anybody know what the wires/colours are in the OE loom to the speakers, Electric aerial, etc, etc...
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 10:27    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

paul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 23:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of car manufactures have now adopted a standard plug some thing to do with interchangeabilty. I dont know but perhaps they also have standard wire colours. I have fitted a couple of radios in the past and have noted that the speakers are wired a solid colour say grey and grey tracer black being right hand front . The grey tracer black being the negative speaker conection. If this looks to be the case . A good audio center should be able to help. Confused
gutterrat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 20:20    Post subject: Radio CD player Reply with quote

Paul,
I don't know whereabouts you live in Lancashire but try Preston Car Radio on Fylde Road in Preston. They sold me an adaptor for about a tenner. You should be able to identify which speaker is which with a 1.5v battery. When you have identified the pairs of speaker wires attach one to each terminal of the battery and you will hear a bit of static in the relevant speaker. The only problem I had was the electric aerial but mine is knackered anyway. Hope this helps.

Gutterrat
flashman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 22:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure when the change was made but they stamp each wire with the connection eg. RRSpeaker (Right Rear Speaker) etc. Well on mine it is anyway. I changed mine back in October and most of the speaker wires are purple. You need an ISO connector which if you have a scrap yard near you, you can find on any car newer than about R reg. Cut it off with as much wire as possible. On new radio/cd it gives which connector fits which slot. There are a max of three connectors each with a different fit so they cannot be wronly fitted. You can join old to new and hopefully all will work fine.

I'll snap it if I can
mickydrew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 0:31    Post subject: Wiring Loom for stereo Reply with quote

Recently did the thing on my 92 Troop.
Am afraid you need to go through each one with a meter snd test them.
It's pretty easy. Test the lives firstly wit key on "OFF" pos. Then note result of each one. Then on "ACC", then "ON" pos. You will soon see exactly which ones are which i.e perm live, earth etc. Then once you do this turn on stereo select fade & balance to front left speaker and connect up each pair of speaker wires until you get sound. This then must be the F/L speak. Repeat process until all four done.
I used a good amp terminal block for all the lives/earth and then one for all the speakers. A huge amount of black tape to make sure all is safe.
Job done.
Hope it helps. Email me if you need any further help.

Mick
Richard D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 22:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's any help I had to sort the wires on my 95 lotus bighorn wires as follows
red = switched positive(ignition on)
orange = constant positive
yellow = positive when lights on (for illumination)
black/green = left rear speaker
green/red = left rear speaker
black = should have been earth but had no connection so had to make my own earth
grey and green/grey = right front speaker
white and red/white = left front speaker

there were two wires in the plug which had no power or earth so couldnt find what they did but i assume they were for an electric ariel but mine might have been changed as it had its own wires. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> ICE All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: