4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

LPG MPG Help Please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Fuel, oil, lubes and fluids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tonyshep1957

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:24    Post subject: LPG MPG Help Please Reply with quote

Hi everyone - just rejoined having owned a 3.1TD Bighorn Lotus in the past (had to be sold at the time to pay mortgage  Sad )

Am looking to buy a LPG converted Trooper, probably a 3.2 V6 auto LWB.  Can anyone out there give me an idea of fuel consumption on this as my current LR Discovery 3.9i auto only manages 12.9mpg on gas, and not a lot more on petrol!

Any advice or experiences of running Troopers on LPG gratefull received.

Many thanks  Smile
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:24    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

DYLAN

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

A full tank around 58-60 litres is about 24quid at the moment and with the mileage bang on (165/75 tyres,,,, Original tyres make you think your gettin more mpg) I am getting 160 miles town and approx 190 on a steady run. You might get a bit more on road tyres...... On road tyres I was getting 175-185 town and up to 220 on a run bearing in mind the speedo is out on original tyres.

Hope this rather confusing reply helps you a little Laughing

2002 S-TYPE JAGUAR 3.0 SPORT
loose chip
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 15:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 3.5 2000year model automatic Trooper.  It averages about 13mpg in town and 16/17mpg on a run (depending how heavy your right foot is!  i.e. fast motorway (75mph) 16mpg,  relaxed cruising (55/65)  17mpg.

The manual version will probably do slightly better especially on a run, expect 10/15% improvement.  

Not sure if these figures would change much for the 3.2 engine. Getting it set up right is important, mine had a minor crack in the exhaust gasket and slight leak from the petrol injector seals, neither of which was noticebale on petrol, but caused problems when on gas.

I am told that these two sources of leaks are common on this engine, probably worth renewing them when LPG is fitted initially.

Hope this helps!

2002 Abbey Impression 520L

1952 Sunbeam Talbot 90 saloon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Fuel, oil, lubes and fluids All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: