All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

can find enough on veg oil to try it?????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wisa1980

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 19:40    Post subject: can find enough on veg oil to try it????? Reply with quote

Im thinking of using veg oil in my 1992 3.1d trooper, but from the info i have read i cant seem to put my mind at rest to give it a go? the links i ahve been given are all about proper conversions but ive heard if i just mixed some unused veg oil with diesel it will work but im not convinced?
has anyone got a 92 3.1td trooper and have run it on veg oil???? if o what consistancy and any tech info i need to know??????????

cheers
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 19:40    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

mutlley

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 21:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

have a look at these posts, the truth about using veg oil is your engine will run on it ok its all the other stuff what makes your engine work what ends up  being buggered up. i looked into running my 94 bighorn on it, even got a cost-co card so i could buy bulk veg oil..........anyway, read the posts. your choice.

http://www.itocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8754&highlight=

i wouldnt use it.
Topvaux
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using veg oil 50/50 with DERV in my 3.0 for a while now and had no probs yet. I only use rapeseed oil because it is lower viscosity than corn or what-have-you.

I'll let you know if ever I have a problem but I'm not expecting one.

The engine is very smooth and quiet on it and the mpg is excellent at over 30 consistently.

Bit of a bloomin fiddle though!
dxmedia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 19:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try www.planetfuels.co.uk

There's loads and loads of information on the tintenet about it.

AND loads of MIS Information about how it will destroy your engine.

Just remember that bio deisel will eat rubber pipes - these need to be changed on the fuel lines - Just think butter and rubber jonnies.... Very Happy

Bio deisel contains more glycerine than normal fossiel fuels, so it has the effect off washing out the gunk in the fuel system, so you'll need to change the fuel filter and clean the injectors a couple of times when you first swap over - but once the gunk has been gotten rid off your engine will be running cleaner.

You'll also get an increase in engine mechanical life due to less particulates in the fuel > they don't act as a grinding paste on the vavles and piston bores, you'll also find that your engine oil comes out cleaner on a change because of this too. There should be no increase or decrease in power if using propper bio diesel, although running straight veg oil will drop the power off a little.

It is possible to convert a normal diesel engine to run on 100% veg oil by preheating the fuel line to the tank (lowers the viscosity for starting).

Other than that - search google for 'how to make bio diesel' and you'll get dozens of pages of good reading.

01553 845 945
jubal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 19:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using 20% rapeseed cut with 10% petrol and a cetane improver (veggiboost from Goat Industries). See my posts. I don't think the beast likes more than 20% particularly in cold weather. See my posts but there are inevitable risks from ring gumming which could seriously harm your engine but lets be honest my 92 Bighorn is not going to live forever
dupa102

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

check out this site g r e a s e c a r . c o m
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: