QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Trailer electrics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TAC1948

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 20:45    Post subject: Trailer electrics Reply with quote

Hi guys

Does anyone know where I can get a trailer wiring kit that will hook up to the standard trailerplug on the Bighorn ('94). I am some way from a dealer so would like to use mail order if possible. I tried Milner Off-road, but they just seem to suply a normal kit for self wiring.

I do not mind doing that, but the special plug would save a lot of hassle.

Just had a full waxoyl done. Looks great underneath and smells lovely (depending on taste I suppose) but the big benefit is peace of mind! Laughing

Thanks for any help.

Trevor
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 20:45    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Philp

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would guess a dealer would be your only bet on that one, but I found one that would post me soe fusible links when I needed them so worth ringing a few and checking. You may just be able to buy the plug seperately and the kit from milners and put the two together.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
Peterjday

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sad to say that according to several Isuzu and Vauxhall dealers the mating connectors are no longer available. I couldn't get one for my '95 3,2 - even from a breakers. (The connector was not available as a separate item, only pre-wired to a trailer socket).

It is a cut and splice job I'm afraid.

I posted the colour codes for the car loom on this site some time back. The search facility should easily find it for you.

Regards
ethel610

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried Towsure?

They may have what you require and will post.

http://www.towsure.com
Peterjday

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

A genuine Vauxhall set of electrics has just turned up on eebuygum.

If you haven't already done a splice job you might like to consider getting that one - 'cos its the only one you are ever likely to see.

Peter
TAC1948

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 22:07    Post subject: Trailer electrics Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for all the helpful advice.

As it happens I had got thejob done before I saw the e-bay suggestion, otherwise I would have gone for that.

But the good news is that we have just done our first towing with the vehicle - which is what it was purchased for. 500 miles from devon the Scotland with a 1.2 ton large horse trailer (albeit without the horses!). Whata brilliant towing vehicle. Not a sign of the temperature guage moving all the way home, and the trailer sat rock steady all the way, although there was very little wind. Laughing Laughing The bad news, if you can call it that, is around 21.5 mpg, but we did a steady 55-60 most of the way, including uphill.

So easy just to drop out of overdrive when you get to an incline, and the main thing to concentrate on is actually keeping thew speed down, not up!

Brilliant as my daughters would say.

In fact I would go as far as to say that my father-in-law, with his new electric everything Defender 90 was begining to wonder if he'd wasted his money, especially when I reminded him that we could have had nearly five of mine for the cost of his one! Razz Razz Razz

Trevor
fifth4x4

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 21:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly the same reason I got my Trooper. Our daughter started Uni last september and as she is doing an equine science degree she takes her horse with her. Have done the trip a few times now and find it so easy. Even when it is windy you hardly notice. As you say you have more problems keeping the speed down Smile Daughters horse is part shire and heavy and have taken her friends horse (also large) to xcountry courses. No problems Exclamation made the change from a Suzuki Jimny to this with no problems. Bit of a difference in size Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: