2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

3.1td thermerstat temp gauge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FSHBIGHORN

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 22:03    Post subject: 3.1td thermerstat temp gauge Reply with quote

i have just bought mt 1st 3.1d bighorn my temp gauge does not reg at
all i ve tested gauge ie short to therm housing it moves is this just the senor or am i looking at the correct bit on the housing ie single wire left side has a small round terminal to which the spade connector fits
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 22:03    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

rsvrtoddy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 0:31    Post subject: Thermostat? Reply with quote

If the heater in the car is not working well check the thermostat.

Mine went and the engine never warmed up properly and the gauge stayed on the cold side all the time.

CYA

Mark
CreationBlue

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 20:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Cant really shed any light on your prob Sad but had my Bighorn for 3 weeks and the Temp guage takes ages to register. It never settles in the centre but does reach there when under load, ie when pulling up hill but then settles back down towards the 'cold' side. Is this normal guys Question

Justin
shayne

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 20:55    Post subject: 3.1td temp gauge Reply with quote

maybe i have the wierd one here mine comes to just below mid way within one and a half miles and only varies maginally according to load and outside temp I hope this helps
FSHBIGHORN

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 21:03    Post subject: sorted problem Reply with quote

i have sorted my temp problem
the stat was useless replaced with new one from halfords for £7.00
guage works ok and i even have proper heat many thanks to all for your
tips
cheers
CreationBlue

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 23:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think mine has gone same way as yours FS Exclamation Heating isnt great. How easy is stat 2 fit Question

Other side of coin is that engine is better running cold in the light of the overheating probs that come from a boosted engine.....................

Justin
FSHBIGHORN

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 21:12    Post subject: fitting stat Reply with quote

it is very easy remove connections from stat housing undo two 12mm nuts and lift old sta out remember clean housing so no bits of old gasget
are left behind. I used some universal blue to seal the housing plus new gasget which should come with new stat remember to top up with water and that's it .
CreationBlue

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 21:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

vehicle back to supplier under warrenty on monday (see speedo/overdrive post). Will get them to do it at same time Laughing

Keep u posted

Justin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: