2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Going Laning Easter Monday

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Green Laning / Offroading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hard1
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 22:39    Post subject: Going Laning Easter Monday Reply with quote

With some LR's. I'll let you know how we go...  Wink

Click HERE to see under my bonnet!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 22:39    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

chris td

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 23:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

i will be messing about on the foss way with another trooper and a little sj
as i was ment to be towing a landrover v8 hybrid to toms farm in wales
but due to it not wanting to start that will have to be another day Very Happy
have fun
Hard1
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 14:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phew! What a day..... hooked up with the SAD Land Rover Club otherwise known as the Solent and District  Laughing

They were doing a reccy for a club meeting next month featuring 15 vehicles!

1 Rangie, 2 Disco's and little old me. I have no pictures unfortunately, but of the 18 BOATS we travelled, these were reckoned to be some of the most extreme ever, and there was a lot of vehicle damage. Others were closed, some were obstructed. The BOATS were all around the Petersfield, Alton, Bordon area of Hampshire and believe me they were tough.

I will try and explain the most extreme which was called Water Lane. If you stood in the sunken track you would not have thought a vehicle had ever been up there or even would attempt it. It was approx 1 in 5 ascent in a sunken mini "gorge" with a stream running down and a shelf, sometimes on the right, sometimes on the left. This meant the vehicle travelled at approx 45 degrees and beyond it's stability. The only reason the vehicles did not turn over? The opposite bank held you, and so you slid along the banks like this over the rocks and the stream for almost a mile. It is no exaggeration to say that at one point, my mic, hanging from the rear view mirror was pointing at the passenger door.

I'm glad I only have a 2" lift because I wouldn't have got underneath some of the fallen trees otherwise and at one stage, we were in a sunken lane with a lake alongside that was 4' higher than us! As you can imagine, there was just a bit of water about....

How did I do?

2 of the other 3 LR's had to be rescued - the Rangie more than 6 times because he kept flooding his coil. They all had snorkels except me. After 8 gruelling hours of this  Shocked the other drivers stood around my truck in amazement as not only had I not got stuck period but there was no visible damage except the million scratches, and a missing bit of trim on the roof! I also pulled the Rangie out of a ford with water over the door sills (they advised me not to go into it without a snorkel) and the beast didn't miss a beat all day. The Rangie had smashed both of his rear lights off, crushed his sills and soaked his motor. The other 2 Disco's variously had panel damage and bits missing...

Mine does however, look a little "used" in the paint department.

Great fun, very tough on the truck, but the 'Horn came through everything without a hint of a problem.

I really think the difference is in the LSD. All the LR's had open rear diffs....  Very Happy

Sadly though, it may be my last foray off road. I cannot explain it but some of you know what I suffer from. The point is the constant bouncing literally took my breath away, and couple with the cold and high humidity, meant I would have been a liability if I had got in trouble. Everybody mucks in at these times, but I had to sit in my truck and watch..  Sad

K.Goodwin
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 20:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard1 wrote:
The only reason the vehicles did not turn over? The opposite bank held you, and so you slid along the banks like this over the rocks and the stream for almost a mile. It is no exaggeration to say that at one point, my mic, hanging from the rear view mirror was pointing at the passenger door.

sounds abit like chapel gate  Laughing

No pictures?!!!  Rolling Eyes

You loose ITOC points for that! Miss a go!

Twister wrote:
Always thought Troopers look their best in white

LTM 022
:::Matski:::
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 20:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great Very Happy

You don't have to do the Camel trophy every time you know Wink
Suckin' Diesel Baby!

Hard1
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 22:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

:::Matski::: wrote:
Sounds great Very Happy

You don't have to do the Camel trophy every time you know Wink

It's not as if I had much choice really......I tried to break free but they kept waiting for me!  Laughing

Camel Trophy - you got that right.... Shocked

the flower man

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 22:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

well done mate Very Happy sounds dubble tuff but the bighorn got you out of trouble, dont worry about the getting out and mucking in bit, i am sore they will understand and its there own fault anyway they should have been driving what you were driving and no one would have had to get out mate Wink
Hard1
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 0:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

the flower man wrote:
well done mate Very Happy sounds dubble tuff but the bighorn got you out of trouble, dont worry about the getting out and mucking in bit, i am sore they will understand and its there own fault anyway they should have been driving what you were driving and no one would have had to get out mate Wink

Thanks for the kind words mate. It was double tuff for sure but you know, I was dead proud of the 'Horn. It was absolutely amazing in the rough stuff and the driver expired long before the Trooper.

Good stuff...

I've had a message from the LR club that I'm welcome anytime on their outings and that I'm truly "the Hard1" !

Cool or what?  Cool

PS, there might be some photos, not of me unfortunately, but of a couple of "events" with LR's that afternoon. I'll keep you posted.... Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Green Laning / Offroading All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: