2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

"lotus" bighorn diff fluids ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Fuel, oil, lubes and fluids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lenagh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 18:11    Post subject: "lotus" bighorn diff fluids ? Reply with quote

I've noted some people have mentioned some of the troopers have an LSD on the rear. Does anyone know if the lotus variant of the bighorn does ? and what your preferences are for diff oil, not have mine done since I bought it in 05  Embarassed so want to visit them next week when i get some holidays.

how often do you chaps refresh your fuel filters also ?

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 18:11    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Philp

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 18:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do my fuel filter every fourth oil change so every 12K or so, but my mileage tends to come in blocks as most of the time I just pootle around locally but then I'll do three of thousand miles in a  couple of weeks down to my house in France and back.  If yours has a LSD it should have G80 on the options plate on the bulkhead in the engine bay.  If it doesn't it still doesn't mean it doesn't have one.  Jack the back end up and spin one wheel, if the other turns in the same direction it has an LSD if it goes in the opposite direction it has an open diff.  I've just got the oil for mine from my local main dealer, I take my own container in and they fill it from their drum so it gets the same oil that goes in Impreza's etc.  You can buy LSD oil from good motor factors.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
Lenagh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 18:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers phil - If its an LSD I assume anything GL4 / 80-90 rated it ok ? if its an open diff is that the engine oil variation I've seen ?

Philp

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 18:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its an open diff then straight EP80/90 will be fine.  If its an LSD then it needs the friction modifiers that you get in lSD specific diff oil.  You can get an additive to add to straight diff oil too.  I had the front pinion seal changed on mine recently as it was leaking like a seive and I think the garage used Silkolene in it.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
Lenagh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 18:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

As ever thanks mate Smile

Grandad

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 19:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

for limited slip diff use LS 80w 90 GL5 spec Comma do it in litre bottles and you need 1.8litres
for open diff  80w 140 or 80w 90  GL5 spec

80w 140 is used for ambient temps above  30 c or 86f
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Fuel, oil, lubes and fluids All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: