4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

What type of Fuel pump on a 3.0 TD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Fuel, oil, lubes and fluids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aaron

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 20:42    Post subject: What type of Fuel pump on a 3.0 TD Reply with quote

Hi

Just got a trooper as I'm told there prety reliable and a damn site beter value than a landrover.

Want to sus out a few things on the van now, so here goes with my first question:

Would anybody know how the fuel pump system works on my 3.0 TD (1999)
Is it just a mechanical pump on the engine or is there some other element to it

Also what make/type would it be

I'm susing out whether it will run on veg oil.
Cheers
Aaron
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 20:42    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Topvaux
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 17:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Aaron. The simple answer is - it doesn't have one!

The fuel injection system is run without an injector pump as such, although I guess to be strictly accurate each injector is a pump in itself. You have a kind of common rail system. The system is powered by an ultra-high pressure oil pump which sends engine oil  at mega-high pressure into a gallery at the top of the engine. Diesel fuel is pumped at very low pressure up into another gallery which supplies fuel to the injectors. The engine management computer sends a signal to a solenoid valve to fire the injector which allows the high pressure oil to push a piston in the injector which then pumps the fuel through the nozzle. The system is simple - just my explanation is complicated!

I run mine on 50/50 DERV/Veggie oil with no problems (so far!) and she still betters 30mpg on it and never chucks black smoke on heavy acceleration either. I'm finding though that veggie oil is getting closer to the price of DERV by the day.............
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Fuel, oil, lubes and fluids All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: