4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Pump bleeding

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Fuel, oil, lubes and fluids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andywen8156

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 16:58    Post subject: Pump bleeding Reply with quote

Hi I have just replaced the cylinder head gasket but she won't start I think I need to bleed the injection system is it the bolt in the centre of the 4 feeds to the injectors? on the pump sorry if its been asked elsewhere I can't find. Thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 16:58    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

rangielover

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

remove the 12mm bolt and prime the fuel system with the ignition on (or immobiliser disabled)

keep priming till diesel flows everywhere
andywen8156

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 13:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks have managed to drop a small puddle out of the bleed  screw she starts but stops after a 30 seconds
rangielover

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 13:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

is she drawing air in - damaged pipe?

is your fuel filter ok?
andywen8156

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 15:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have just ordered a filter the one that is there is a bit poor,  it was running okay before I took the cylinder head off (overheating fault).

I have bleed it many times Its starts with smoke everywhere and stops after 10-20 seconds but indeed will check out the pipes may be one of them has a crack in it.  many thanks
andywen8156

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 17:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done a temp  by pass of the primer fuel filter and then using a low pressure air into the fuel tank losen the beed screw turn ingnition on  then pumped in the air the fuel ran out of the bleed screw.  retighten bleed screw then started and she run but now big problem the exhast manifold is blowing even though i put a new gasket too scared to tight the ex man bolts too much incase the break off?  If anyone had this problem be very helpful to know what to do i have tried other forums here but as yet not what this happend many thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Fuel, oil, lubes and fluids All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: