2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

speed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ian

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:45    Post subject: speed Reply with quote

hi everyone can some one please help i have a 93 lotus bighorn when driving this car it will glide to 65 mph no probs at all but at 70mph it sound if the engine is working very hard indeed....it only 59000miles never been offroad and the rest of the car is in 1st class order?????????

merry xmas and a happy new year
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:45    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Philp

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Change into fifth gear Wink It might help people to diagnose if you post what engine it has and what revs it seems to be doing at 65 and 70 according to the rev counter. Is it engine noise or exhaust noise and what does it sound like?

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
ian

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok Philp

will get back to u soon as!!!!! its a 3.1d intercooler
ian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:11    Post subject: speed Reply with quote

hi philip the rev counter sits at just under 3000rpm at 70 mph and sounds to be working pretty hard...... 60mph is nothing to it ..i now its not built for speed but for a 3.1 td you would think 70mph would be no probs......buy the way yesterday 26.12.04 i took it offroad in the snow with no probs at all cheers................
denis

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 0:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I have had Bighorn for about a year - imported with 40k mile and engine was stiff, it struggled to do 70 plus. Now with 60k it will do a ton easily. Cruises no prob at 80-85.

So give it time and change oil every 6000 miles and it should loosen up.

Denis Razz
ian

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 9:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers denis

i was thinking of that myself ........i mean all that time in the boat from japan ....then however long it sat b4 i got it ....buy the way i got from 4x4 direct in kilmarnock all there 4x4s are 1st class condition....thanks for the reply and happy new year to you and family.
Rick Warr

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 22:00    Post subject: ISUZU Bighorn 3.1D - Speed and Fuel Economy Reply with quote

Hi

I recently bought a 1994 Bighorn 3.1D (Automatic) with 27k Miles on the clock and like Ian I was a little bemused at the lack of top end speed (struggling above 70mph) and the limited pulling power above 60 mph when the gearbox would drop 2 gears and scream like mad without increasing speed.

I had the unit serviced, all OK and then drove from Cornwall to Scotland returning via London (about 1400 miles). I now agree with Denis that what the imported units need is a damn good drive! I now cruise at 80mph (24-26 mpg) although I have not yet reached a ton Denis !

The trick seems to be to put the overdrive in at 60mph increasing and take it out at 40mph decrasing. To accelerate smoothly from 65-75mph drop the overdrive without putting your foot down. The revs will increase but the gearbox will not kickdown. The net result is smooth acceleration as opposed to the gearbox screaming without any increase in speed.

I have also found that the new BP Super Diesel (which is about 5p a litre dearer than normal Diesel) does help the unit run smoother but it does not seem to give any better fuel economy.

Hope this proves useful or gives somebody the opportunity to put me right ..... LOL Laughing

Rick
pp

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 20:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

i recently bought a 3.1td bighorn 80k,its tick over was 10thou. one of the problems was aslightly sticking throttle cable also while i had my head in the engine bay i noticed a couple of small vacuum pipes on the o/s bulkhead area had split.i still dont know what they were for, but what a big difference it made to its running now its ticking over at about 8.5thou.does any one know what idle speed should be Very Happy
Dafydd Wynn Williams
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 22:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Er.....Excuse me for enquiring, but where is the recall notice connection in this?

Dafydd WW
ian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was one of my 1st posta and i put in in the wrong place Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: