4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

ABS Sensor Questions...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rg

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 21:18    Post subject: ABS Sensor Questions... Reply with quote

Folks,

Any idea what the ABS sensor resistance (in Ohms) should be on my Vx Monterey?

On the vehicle it is reading 1007.

On the bench it is reading 1017 (and 1025 when the cable is moved).

(Not that au-fait with a meter, I wonder if I have the setting correct.)

Does this point to a duff sensor? The other side reads 1064 on the car. I have not taken it off yet and tweaked the cable.

Of course, interrogation of the ABS control unit would tell me straight away, but I don't want to pay dealer prices, and do not have one nearby. And I needed to assess the DIY potential of replacing the sensor anyway.

There has been a persistent problem with the ABS going off-line, usually following a right turn or suspension impact on the nearside. It was the nearside sensor that I took off the car today.

The fault went away for a couple of months after liberal spraying of corroded bolts (on the cable holder - not sensor!) with "duck oil" during disc replacement.

Any insights welcome!

Cheers

rg
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 21:18    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: