4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Overdrive and speedo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coyletangles

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 23:08    Post subject: Overdrive and speedo Reply with quote

Ive recently accquired a 1992 Bighorn 3.1TD auto which has covered only 80.000 kms it appears to be in excellent condition, it has started to do somthing rather odd. It is driving along fine then the speedo [ kms ] needle suddenly drops to zero and the overdrive off light comes on! a couple of minutes later the speedo needle shoots but up to normal and the overdrive kicks in again Has anyone got any ideas

Totaly baffled newbie
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 23:08    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

coyletangles

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 19:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just out of interest I resolved this problem by simply topping the gearbox oil to max! it cured it sraight away.
CreationBlue

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 17:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi coyletangles

Picked up my '92 3.1D LWB Imscher Auto on Saturday and am really pleased with its build quality and smooth drive.

On the Gearbox Prob gladyou sorted it, 1st thing i did was to check all the levels though i noticed on the gearbox dipstick there are 2 measurments for hot and cold. Was expecting the level to be mid 'cold' point but was into the 'hot' area(vehicle had be left all night), any comments on this? Should i be draining some out, looks like new oil as its very red in colour, changes all work great and no probs at all have arrisen so far.

Justin
coyletangles

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 21:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your comments,I'm sorry I am the least able person to offer advice [ on account of being hopeless with vehicles ] all I can say is I picked up my 3.1 TD LWB lotus bighorn in October, it is fantastic to drive, it has performed well above my expectations [ I tow horses ] and apart from the mpg and having to change pads and front tyres before it would stop! its a joy to drive [ compared to my last 4x4 ]

Regards Bryan
CreationBlue

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 10:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

What MPG are you getting then? My last vehicle was an '89 Shogun 2.5tdi and got on average 25mpg tho i was doing 1800 miles a month!

Justin
coyletangles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 14:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI there
Ref MPG I think I am getting about 20mpg mabye a little more but i think the auto box uses more juice, my last 4x4 was a fourtrack which if driven carefully would give 30 34mpg but its not in the same league as the trooper,I could only describe it as a series 3 landy with a decent engine[ it was on its third gearbox when I got rid of it , box could'nt handle the towing ] the trooper excels at towing in my opinion [ no problems so far ]
Regards Bryan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: