4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Rodeo 2.5 Denver engine running problems, any ideas?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 18:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm ... interesting reading  Shocked   mine has a little lumpy idle now and again but it seems to be fading as I "work it a little"  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing   Hopefully mine will be in for its injector tighten this week and as a precaution will have the dealer check it on TECH2 and I will switch the filters (just incase the used car dealer skipped em on the service).
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 18:39    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

greasemonkey
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 19:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its getting better the more its 'worked' then its going to be sooted or coked up - a diesel should be driven up to a good amount of revs before changing gear - this does not effect the MPG as the main benefit of a diesel is the cruising MPG - revving to a good RPM keps the exhaust system from the manifold back at a good temp thus not letting particles stick or stay in the system - even a low revved diesel can eventually be purged and start to run at peak effeciency again
cheers
Steve
AD

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 19:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

From experence modern diesel engine's which run high injector pressures do not get sooted or coaked up when not running at less than half rated power for long periods.

For example i run two tractors on a post knocker (fencing) the tractors run 8hrs/day at idle, but get a good floggin between jobs, one tractor has a John deere 6cyd and has done 2200 hrs, with standard injector system the other has a Deutz 6cyd done 7500hrs, with high pressure injector system (not common rail) the John deere engine gets very smokey by the end of the day, but clears after 10-20mis of hard work, the deutz engine runs clean all the time, even at 2days at idle, i recently done the head gasket on this engine and there was very little carbon deposits on the head, valves and ports.
04, 3.0 citation
rallymarshall

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 20:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

we have the same trouble with the case tractor at work, on the feeder 7 days a week at about 1400rpm, doesnt do any hard work, once a month i put it on the slurry stirrer and for 5 mins it wont rev flat out and realy throws the black smoke out, then it gradually clears and runs clean after

65 vauxhall mokka 1.6cdti 4x4 se
66 vauxhall corsa vxr
eithan h

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 21:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am going to be very surprised if this problem is due to being sooted up, the injectors run about a 7 stage injection process and are coded to the ecu like the trooper so it knows the grade and how much to inject for how long to keep emissions low, and  it certainly won't be effected by loads of different drivers.
it could even be down to the variable vane turbo maybe they are stuck in a position where it causes lack of air hence the black smoke and rough running.
these really need to be on a tech2 for diagnosis there is 3 times more info to be looked at than the 3.0l trooper plus they have 2 check engine systems as well, they aint easy to diagnose but luckily they don't go wrong very often this chap has just been really unlucky!
dxmedia

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also company cars aren't remound for being driven lightly  Rolling Eyes

01553 845 945
greasemonkey
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 22:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine maybe instead of poo pooing all my suggestions you could advise the guy i'll just keep quiet then and wait until you suggest and poo poo yours instead
cheers
Steve
dxmedia

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 22:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

greasemonkey wrote:
Fine maybe instead of poo pooing all my suggestions you could advise the guy i'll just keep quiet then and wait until you suggest and poo poo yours instead
cheers
Steve

you did at the beginning of the post already Wink  Laughing

01553 845 945
AD

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 23:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

greasemonkey wrote:
cheers
Steve

Without suggestion's (weather it's right or wrong) this forum would not function Wink
04, 3.0 citation
Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

**puts mod hat on**

Back on topic please guys  Exclamation  Exclamation  Rolling Eyes
jonathan63

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would take it back to the dealer as it is under warranty and tell them to put it right if thay dont,,, phone IM Group Isuzu head office and talk to customer relations and tell them the dealer is usless and you want your trucks putting right
Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 17:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sub sent me a PM..
SUB wrote:

We have taken the infor given so far back to the main dealer, who at last seems to be taking it seriously now & has norrowed it down to a vacuum valve, which has had to be ordered direct from Japan. Will let the Rodeo section know the outcome. We have noticed that when driving quite hard on the road we get good performance from 1st & 4th & 5th gear but lousy in 2nd & 3rd, the dealer says this would be right for the vacuum valve they recon could be the problem.
Thanks again.

Sub.
AD

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 17:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris B wrote:
Hopefully mine will be in for its injector tighten this week

I know this sound's stupid but what is the "injector tightern" recall, do they just torque the a injector up a bit or is there more to it Question
04, 3.0 citation
Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 20:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know its the injector clamp bolts on some were not quite as tight as they should be and its just a case of re-torque them.
SUB

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 19:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to keep you all up to speed with the Rodeo engine problem. I've found out that the part ordered is called the 'suction control valve' & has been chosen for replacement by the Isuzu's technical's recommendation. Will post info when the work has been done & we can see how the vehicle performs.

Cheers all

Sub.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: