QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

big recall for 3.0l troopers

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saltr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olly, exactly the position I found myself in....I hope Isuzu is listening, although I doubt it. Mad
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:20    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Russ Williams

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 22:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the first time I have visited this website, and I'm starting to wish that I hadn't after reading all this! I have got a 2000 3.0TD Trooper which I bought last July. About 5 weeks ago I started having problems with it smoking very badly. I took it to a local garage who identified the injector problem which they have now changed (this was before we knew of any recall notice). They still have it because now there is a problem with the oil pressure. He is telling me that the main oil pump is working ok, however there seems to be a lack of oil pressure when starting up. As you can probably tell I am not a mechanic! He also keeps talking about the oil viscosity and that it might have something to do with the quality of the oil. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it to do with the recall? He has had it now for 5 weeks and he now seems to be stuck! Any help would really be appreciated.
mp

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

it needs to have a 5/30 oil and lack of oil pressure could be a leaking strainer in the sump or the rail pressure control valve could be stuck or the oil pressure sensor could be up the creek.
Andrew Zejma

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 17:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 1999 3.0td duty which I bought 6 months ago from an Isuzu dealer, with a warranty. I contacted IM Customer Care to check that any necessary recall work has been carried out and was told that there have been no recalls applicable to my chassis number. I am very pleased with the car which apart from the jerky throttle at low revs ( I believe a characteristic of these engines) runs well. Despite my conversation with IM I am not 100% reassured and wonder what I should do to be certain that any necessary work has been done. Any advice welcome.
steveforster9

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 15:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew

Sounds like IM are playing the game a little bit there. They have not officially put out any recalls on the vehicle, the items that need sorting they have termed as 'Campaign' items, whatever that means. IM will have on record exactly what your vehicle has had done and when - you just need to ask the right question.

My 1999 3.0DT Duty had the following works done FOC: -

1. Oil strainer mod & replacement turbo
2. Replacment injector seals.

I would have thought that since yours is a simlar age you would expect to see the same work completed.

Best of luck Smile

1999 3.0DT LWB
macca

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 16:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG...this is what I didn't want to hear!
My 1999 3.0TD Duty that I bought almost two years ago...in 'mint' condition with 50k on the clock(In Northern Ireland)...is now sitting in my drive...still in mint condition(with 64k)...except the engine has gone Crying or Very sad ....injectors/sleeves/and a burnt piston.......what a disgrace!
My Isuzu dealer did not tell me anything about the recall...
It was only yesterday that I found out about it....so today I did a little web search and SHOCK! HORROR! I found this site of nightmare stories.....I guess I'm just another victim of the Isuzu Trooper scandal.....Oh well.....£10,000 down the drain Shocked Mad Mad Mad
macca

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 18:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should I now ask my Isuzu dealer (who has serviced my Trooper on several occasions) why he didn't tell me about this recall?...or why at least he didn't warn me of this very common problem?
Also.......why was it possible for me to buy this 4x4 from another car dealer with the recall pending?
Anyone?..........thanks.
jon willy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 22:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Macca
Sorry to hear about your vehicle .... but your not alone for more information have a trawl through THE TECHNICAL FORUM there's plenty there.

Regards Jon. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
macca

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 13:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks jon....yeah plenty going on in the Technical Forum...I just wonder if there's ever been any good results come out of all these stories about the 3.0 Duty LWB Troopers? Confused
Andrew Zejma

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 13:31    Post subject: 1999 3.0 td engine Reply with quote

Steve

I have written to isuzu who have replied '.... I have checked our records and we are showing no outstanding campaigns'
'Not all 3.0 diesel troopers required these campaigns and it appears that your vehicle falls into this category.'

The engine seems fine and I am very satisfield with the vehicle, but am concerned about possible engine problems in the future. Will this response from isuzu help me if there are?

Are there any itoc member lawyers out there who can give us all some advice, or do any members have a lawyer friend or relative to ask?
CraigAUS

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all.
We are experiencing the same horror stories in Australia with the 3.0 4JX1.
We have had the injector seat campaign/recall but nothing has been said of the Turbo/Strainer campaign although there have been numerous turbo replacements in and out of warranty well below the expected turbo life expectancy.
I am interested in obtaining any official literature on this campaign so that we can pursue this issue over here. I have a post in the Technical section with over 80 views but no replies.
If any can help it would be appreciated.

Regards Craig
ANDREW B

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 14:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello people, i@ve just joined the club. my pride and joy is sat at dealers having just had new injector seals guides and loom then a valve on oil pump made to work, a bill for 700 quid and still it only runs on 3 cylinders Mad Mad
rowjames

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 15:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Andrew - another member of the Isuzu Fan Club then?!
Bit miffed that your repair is only in the 00's as ours is around £5k at the present, & Isuzu have made a very generous goodwill offer in the region of £800 - who's a lucky bunny then? As a friend said recently: Isn't it lucky that we planted a money tree in the garden and it's doing soooooo well?
SteveA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 22:38    Post subject: RECALLS NOT KNOWN ABOUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

I`M REALLY REALLY ANGRY WITH ISUZU, I OWN A 1998/99 3.0 TD CITATION SWB, BOUGHT IN NOVEMBER 2004 FOR £8000, NOW APRIL 2005 IT SITS IN A GARAGE WITH A BLOWN ENGINE (76000 MILES ON CLOCK) I HAVE SINCE FOUND OUT (FROM THIS FORUM) ABOUT THE TURBO AND INJECTOR RECALLS, I AM GUTTED IT CAME TO THIS, IF I HAD KNOWN I WOULD HAVE GOT IT SORTED, BUT NO ISUZU Twisted Evil FORGOT TO MENTION IT!!!
THE GARAGE HAVE SAID THE TURBO BROKE ITS SEALS AND INJECTED AT FULL BORE THE ENGINE OIL THRU THE TURBO INTO THE ENGINE, BANG!!!!!!!!
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I STAND WITH ISUZU (IT HAS A FSH)

NOT IMPRESSED OR WELL OFF SAD BUNNY AT THE MOMENT
rowjames

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve A - We're not well off either, honestly; don't know how we are going to find the money to pay when ours is repaired. You're better off than us with FSH - what's the position with recall work?
Whatever happens keep in touch & make sure all of the totalled parts are kept - as I am serious about building a scrapheap outside IM HQ in the full glare of publicity.
Someone else on the forum had his vehicle repaired then refused to pay (or collect it) for 4mths - Isuzu evetually paid I believe, but that was still in warranty if I remember right.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 2 of 20

Jump to: