All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

big recall for 3.0l troopers

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daveg2812

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 16:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took my 53 plate Trooper to St Leger in Doncaster this morning after they identified a faulty injector two weeks ago (my delay, not theirs).  Just had a call from them to say that my injectors were part of the faulty batch fitted in 2005 and they've replaced them FOC.  Great result for me and great service from St Leger. Very Happy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 16:15    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

bigfut

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 20:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had my 4th set of injectors fitted by Leger in Doncaster last week, the last lot only managed 8 weeks. Leger have been really helpful but im sure IMs generosity is going to diminish especially as black smoke is coming from the exhaust already and iv only driven it three days and less than 100 miles. Any body have any idea why my car is eating injectors,am I just unlucky. When its running well its a joy to drive.
Peter Heald

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 16:30    Post subject: Smoke Reply with quote

Last year, I had a new engine fitted to my 1999 Trooper 3.0D, following a complete 'meltdown'. It has been fine until recently. It starts easily, but engine seems to die a bit until it is warm, but there is lots of smoke.
Do you think it is injector problemn again. Oil level is OK
Thanks
eithan h

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

what grade of oil are you using?
Peter Heald

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 17:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the paperwork  of the last service, they used  5W40. Was that OK?
JohnW

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:02    Post subject: Isuzu engine problems Reply with quote

Hi Im new to the site been reading through this I have a 2002 02 trooper got a recall checked at local dealer told me I neede new injectors work was done then after about 6000 miles developed a missfire told the new injectors were faulty and another new set fitted.
I have just splashed out what for me is loads of cash on a 2002 52 insignia all the whistles and bells was told injectors have been done and injector loom looks new. However on checking through paperwork can find nothing to prove injectors done, now I'm having problems sometimes just won't start appears as if out of fuel also sometimes just cuts out when running. Does anyone now how I can check if the injectors were actually done and if so what is proceedure do I have to find out who did them or can I go to any dealer. Any help would be appreciated.
eithan h

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 13:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

you need to speak to i.m their no.s at the top of the section somewhere they will be able to tell you when they were or if they even have been done, injectors though don't cause them to just stop and couple that with bad starting i think you have a problem with the oil rail pressure sensor. this is not uncommon to see after new injectors have been fitted so if you don't know when it was last done then get it done anyway as if you read through the site you will see it causes a load of problems, and remember to get it calibrated or coded in so it runs at it's optimum.
JohnW

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

eithan h wrote:
you need to speak to i.m their no.s at the top of the section somewhere they will be able to tell you when they were or if they even have been done, injectors though don't cause them to just stop and couple that with bad starting i think you have a problem with the oil rail pressure sensor. this is not uncommon to see after new injectors have been fitted so if you don't know when it was last done then get it done anyway as if you read through the site you will see it causes a load of problems, and remember to get it calibrated or coded in so it runs at it's optimum.

Hi Eithan thanx for information apperently injectors were changed by a firm called Westaway from Northampton area, (funny though as they are according to all paperwork the origonal selling dealer and serviced vehicle through most of its life, yet when I contacted them other day said they had no records of having anything to do with it??) However I have now contacted KT Green at Otley very helpfull so far as apparently though injectors and sleeves were done apparently it may fall into category of dodgy injector batch. So booked in for Weds for injector check and their also going to check missfire and stalling, they as you said suspect oil rail pressure sensor, hope thats not too costly.
WIGLET

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 21:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

The oil rail pressure switch £140 to fit yourself,  plus labour about an hour or so £200+ with setting on tech2
JohnW

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

WIGLET wrote:
The oil rail pressure switch £140 to fit yourself,  plus labour about an hour or so £200+ with setting on tech2

Hi Wiglet if thats what it cost's and cures problem I'll be happy, seem to buy these cars at wrong time, last one dual mass flywheel collapsed after 2 months that was expensive. But since then 30,000 miles appart from hickup with replacement injectors happy motoring. Had this one 2 months had to fit new aircon pump now these stalling problems, hopefully if I get it sorted will be another happy motor. I must admit I like them tows caravan happily and reasonable fuel consumption.
bigfut

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 19:58    Post subject: Goodbye Reply with quote

I have finally admitted defeat and got rid of my 03 import ( which the garage at Helllaby near Rotherham failed to mention when selling it) after I had my fourth set of injectors fitted. It ran well at the end, but for how long and how long was IM going to keep coughing up 1000 quids worth of injector. They would have been cheaper buying the car off me in the first place. Any way just wanted to say good bye, thanks for the advice and discussions, thanks to Leger at Doncaster for being very helpful and keeping me on the road and happy trooper motoring.
vesy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 22:10    Post subject: how to understand if free recall is made (East Europe) Reply with quote

Hello,
I am from Bulgaria and I own Troop 4JX since 2 weeks...I didn't know about this injector problem and now don't want what to do. I read a lot in different forums and i understood there is a free recall. My question is how can I understand if mine are replaced?
The biggest problem is that here in Bulgaria we don't have Isuzu repair center...I can't make a diagnostic test of my Troop.
Please tell me:
- where can I call and ask for this free recall.
- do someone have contacts - emails, telephones - for Isuzu Centers in East Europe? I'm searching the net but can't find...

Please help...I like my Troop very much...I want to try to fix this problem...my husband wants to sell it Sad because here in Bulgaria is hard (if not impossible) to maintain it.
vesy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 22:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry...but i forgot one more thing. What would happen if I don't fix the injector problem. Will this cause some bigger damage of the engine or just one day it won't start...
Peter Heald

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:12    Post subject: Big recall Reply with quote

Hello Vesy

Sorry about all your problems.
I am not technical, but can tell you that because I did not know about the faulty injectors, my engine 'blew up.' I live in France and nobody told me about the problem.
Isuzu fitted a brand new engine, free of charge. I have just received another recall on the new engine, to replace yet more parts. I would advise you to conact  Luca Bertini  at  MIDIeurope  located in Italy.
His email is   luca.bertini@midieurope.it   His telephone No. is +39 0442 328202
He is Italien but speaks excellent English. I'm sure he will be able to help you.

Bonne Chance!
super trooper 101
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 17:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spoke to isuzu today and was told im not covered anymore, the new injectors fitted 23 months ago are not under warranty any more, even though i was told

3 years when i was there last! Can they just change the warranty like that?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 17 of 20

Jump to: