4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

big recall for 3.0l troopers

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vesy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 18:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much!!! I will contact him right now...Italy is far away from Bulgaria but may be he can give me some advice and contacts for East Europe.
By the way this forum is GREAT, here I am able to find almost everything about my Troop...but in Bulgaria is very hard and very expensive to have this 4x4. When I call some technicians here and I ask them something about my Troop they just say - o, forget about it, nothing and nobody can help you in Bulgaria - and this is sad.....
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 18:06    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

kincraig1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 21:26    Post subject: its gone again Reply with quote

My trooper was fully rebuilt by im in feb last year, it had just about a new engine, cost im approx 12k i was told, but it has now developed a major oil leak today coming from somewhere  behind the cambelt housing, i am blooming fuming. It has done 14k since rebild only.
Gate Keeper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi !

I visited the Isuzu factory in Nairobi to check on a service for my 2002 Bighorn auto ex-japan 4JX1. When I asked if they could service the car, the service manager told me that as they did not have a 'programme' for the 4JX1 it would cost 'extra'. When I asked about recall work, he told me that no one had ever asked about this before and that the Troopers never came back in for repairs. Where could I go from here? any ideas?
Gate Keeper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 19:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having gained some confidence from reading about the recall, I have printed off the post "how to get the fuel injector serial numbers" and I have the chassis numbers too and the photos from the Dog & Lemon site. Thanks for the link.  I am going to return to the factory after the weekend armed with this info from the site and get the service dept to honour the recall campaign and check it all out. I won't be palmed off  second time round!  Smile
louie22

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:43    Post subject: Isuzu Trooper 4jx1 3.0 liter diesel engine with skyroof Reply with quote

2003 Isuzu Trooper 4jx1 3.0 liter diesel engine with skyroof here in Las Pinas, Philippines.  Bad engine after 100kilometers.  Engine oil and Diesel mixing together.  Nobody can fix it except dealers.  They are charging me P100k to fix it at least.  Is this engine flawed and what about the recall I've been seeing on the website.  PLEASE HELP ASAP.  

Can somebody send me the RECALL NOTICE AND INFORMATION.  Thanks.

cell 0908-488-1272
landline 846-1323
pauls2311

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 22:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, i am new to the forum and i have a 1998 3.0 citation, have had it for about 5 years now, get 500m out of a tank BUT
am on 3rd turbo Both blew in second year and have had 2 sets of injectors this year (not had to pay for them except sleeves once) and just been told i have an injectors balance problem again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Was told that first two turbos blew because the oil rail pressure valve stuck shut, Had to pay for the first turbo as didnt go to main dealers but second time i took it to haddocks in colchester and have had nothing but fantastic service from them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Probs with the car yes but this perticular dealer is good.
Have now had new exhaust because turbo hadnt been replaced under recall new injectors and sleeves new wring loom for ceramic plates new turbo.
Is there anything else i should know about or has all the known works been done???
Oh and i also have oil pressure probs on startup it takes approx 30 seconds for any pressure to register!!!!!
richard wilkinson

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 23:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

pauls2311 wrote:
Hi all, i am new to the forum and i have a 1998 3.0 citation, have had it for about 5 years now, get 500m out of a tank BUT
am on 3rd turbo Both blew in second year and have had 2 sets of injectors this year (not had to pay for them except sleeves once) and just been told i have an injectors balance problem again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Was told that first two turbos blew because the oil rail pressure valve stuck shut, Had to pay for the first turbo as didnt go to main dealers but second time i took it to haddocks in colchester and have had nothing but fantastic service from them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Probs with the car yes but this perticular dealer is good.
Have now had new exhaust because turbo hadnt been replaced under recall new injectors and sleeves new wring loom for ceramic plates new turbo.
Is there anything else i should know about or has all the known works been done???
Oh and i also have oil pressure probs on startup it takes approx 30 seconds for any pressure to register!!!!!

hello and welcome
thinking your bbest bet on this one might be to wait for eithan or gribble
as far as i know oil rail pressure valve stuck shut woudent effect the turbo it just woudent start  
ollso puzzled by injecter balance  Confused
sbhep

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

no oil pressure for 30 seconds would not help turbo

i would try the seals on the oil pick up pipes in the sump

maybe move this post into engines

cheers
eithan h

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 20:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

the orcv being stuck shut won't make the turbo go it's on a separate circuit to the lubrication circuit,
if you have had the turbo replaced under a campaign then they should have replaced the lubrication strainer as well as this is a known weak point for oil pressure problems but it wouldn't hurt to check it or even replace the seal.
there is an ongoing sage with injectors on this engine so if it's running rough and missing then get it to a dealer as isuzu are still paying for replacements as long as it's been under 2 yrs since they were last replaced.
stephen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 21:27    Post subject: trooper 3.0 dohc wont start Reply with quote

hi there, my 99 trooper has a starting problem. It will start and run for a couple of minutes then stop it may restart but more often than not it will just keep turning over. Can anyone help? or do i need to get my 3.1 back on the road thanks.
STORMIN

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:31    Post subject: recalls Reply with quote

Hi

I am very new to this and have been reading some of the many comments and issues in relation to the 3.0TD.
I have a 2000(w reg) and have had the injectors replaced for the 3rd time now. All at Isuzu's expence fortunately.
Are there any other recall issues I should be aware of.
Retro Pedro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 23:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you don't mind me asking but once the injectors have been replaced under the 'campaign' recall and if no other damaged as been caused, is the 3 litre a safe consideration to purchase, or is there a pattern for a reoccurring similar problem later down the line?
Because I like larger diesels I was seriously considering a 3 litre Trooper with perhaps the active 4WD system for my next 4x4. But having read through this topic I'm no so sure. Couple of months back I did ask the service manager at my local Isuzu dealership about the recalls, and he implied that Isuzu was backing away from the recalls. He stated that Isuzu are starting to question the time lapse if some 3 litre Troopers are getting the miles up before the fault develops. His explanation was inline with what I have read in this post, i.e. injection failure which in turn allows diesel to mix with oil then components going bang. He also went on to say that the replacement injector manufacturer had gone bust and that Isuzu had bought the tooling to make the replacement injectors themselves, but unfortunately, the plant that was being used to manufacture the replacements got wiped out in the Japanese tsunami - hence a shortage of replacement injectors.
STORMIN

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant comment on the issues with the parts from Japan. I can say that I am now on my 4th set of injectors and have been advised that they will continue to replace them free of charge if they fail within 2 years. Personally, if I knew then what I know now I would have gone for a different model, but that is just me. Last year I was without my Trooper for a month as they failed just as Japan suffered the earthquake. Great timing.
whitefangs27

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 14:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

hope you dont mind me asking i own a 3.1 td lwb trooper ive owned it just around a year and a half when did they start recalling them and how do i find out if mines a model that need sorting please
DYLAN

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 14:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 3.1 is fine the recalls are for the newer 3.0 trucks Wink

2002 S-TYPE JAGUAR 3.0 SPORT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 18 of 20

Jump to: