2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Front sidelight removal - the secret revealed in pix

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dafydd Wynn Williams
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 16:23    Post subject: Side lights Reply with quote

Just the info I need, been struggling to get a light unit out but fearfully of exerting too much force in the wrong direction. Tried the units on both my Troops but no joy, even used a succer to pull outwards (WRONG, now I know) all waggle but don't "lift out" as the handbook says!
First bulb to go in 11 years.
Thank goodness for ITOC
Dafydd.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 16:23    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Litcho

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 20:05    Post subject: front sidelight removal Reply with quote

Just read watched the pictures on removing the front sidelght. It was very illuminating. Thanks for the instructions, nothing as good in the manual. Easy when you get the right info.
Many Thanks.
davidradio

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Boritz for the pics  Smile
02Trooper777

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 16:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add ... I put silicone grease on the socket and ball before replacing quite a while back.

Took it off again yesterday to evict some moisture and the ball joint popped out with considerable ease.
1986 Saab 900 Turbo. '84 Marlin Roadster.
+ motorcycles & '76 Reliant Kitten (don't laugh - it has got 4 wheels)...
fred barad

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the screwdriver method (thanks for the tip) and it worked well on the first sidelight, but the other sidelight socket was rusted solid and would not come out. After levering and breaking off the tab, I had a problem. Here is an alternative way to get the ^*^%%%$# off!
I had a 2.5" Bessey clamp (TK6 Table Clamp on Amazon), and ground down the web on the back so the tool is thin enough to fit between the two lights.  A knob is left at the rod end to form an outside hook. The rod sticking out the other side, is cut off flush.
This results in a tool with a screw on one side, and a hook on the other. To use it, the tool is slid down between the headlight and side light, till it contacts the spindle on the sidelight. The clamp screw is tightened against the headlight lens and it pulls the sidelight forward. Rusty or not!
Thought others might have had this same problem. This tool took 10 minutes to make and works really well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: