QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

WARNING LIGHTS,

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garry

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:17    Post subject: WARNING LIGHTS, Reply with quote

HI EVERYONE, I'VE GOT A 92 3.1 AND HAD IT FOR GETTING ON 6 YEARS NOW, BUT HAVE RECENTLY HAD A PROBLEM WITH ALL THE WARNING LIGHTS COMING ON WHEN WE ARE DRIVING, AND ALSO AS SOON AS THE LIGHTS COME ON THE HEATER STOPS WORKING, WHEN THIS HAPPENS YOU CAN HEAR A CLICK BEHIND THE INSTUMENT PANEL SO I GUEST IT MIGHT BE A RELAY FAULTY. THE LIGHTS MIGHT STAY ON FOR 10 SECS OR THEY COULD STAY ON FOR 15 MINS, HAS ANYBODY HAD THE SAME PROBLEMS.
P.S I'VE CHECKED ALL THE EARTH LEADS AND THE WIRING AND IT IS FINE. (THIS IS A UK CAR).
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:17    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Hard1
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 13:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a previous thread on this somewhere, quite recent. Something to do with the big blue relay in the fuse box?

Click HERE to see under my bonnet!
Hard1
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 13:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would also possibly mean the alt is not charging.

Click HERE to see under my bonnet!
garry

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 14:07    Post subject: WARNING LIGHTS, Reply with quote

CHEERS FOR THE REPLY HARD 1 BUT THE ALTERNATOR IS CHUCKING ABOUT 13 VOLTS IN SO I DOUT THIS IS THE PROBLEM.
AND ALSO WE HAVE PULLED THE BLUE RELAY OUT BUT THIS DID NOT SHOW THE FAULT.
Paul Rainbow

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 14:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a friendly tip - on any forums CAPITALS are considered shouting. Posts are much nicer on lower case!

Sorry to be nitpicking!
garry

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 14:54    Post subject: WARNING LIGHTS, Reply with quote

sorry paul not use to doing this many thanks, i only shout when the stupid lights come on.
TAC1948

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 23:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there

Mine was the recent query on dahboard lights, but that was on a newly imported 94 Bigfoot 3.1td. The advice was that there had been many newly imported vehicles with alternator/relay problems.

In our case the lights came on and stayed on. The blue relay was changed, and that seemed to do the trick, but not for long, so that meant a new alternator. The old one was still charging (so healthy voltage may not mean alternator is OK) but the controlling diodes etc were diagnosed as faulty. As I was planning to have a full service/check over/cam belt change I had the alternator changed at the same time. I should get the parts under a 1 month guarantee, but as the seller is 450 miles away that is still under negotiation! Confused

We only got the vehicle back tonight but it seems perfect, and the only quwstion mark on the vehicle is some corrosion on the inside of the rear discs, which we will keep an eye on. Otherwise very pleased with an otherwise nearly pristine vehicle bought at 64,000 miles (103+K - don't have the calculator to hand!). Smile Smile

I would have liked another Disco (old one getting long in the tooth) but they are very expensive, and still have children to feed. Enjoying the Isuzu very much and, as my wife says, nice to have a change.

Incidently just driven 300 miles in a nearly new Nissan on hire (on business as I had to go into a remote area off road) - what an awful vehicle, poor ride, agricultural engine and very noisey. Eleven year old Trooper much better! (Sorry if anyone has one!).
TAC1948

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 23:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there

Mine was the recent query on dahboard lights, but that was on a newly imported 94 Bigfoot 3.1td. The advice was that there had been many newly imported vehicles with alternator/relay problems.

In our case the lights came on and stayed on. The blue relay was changed, and that seemed to do the trick, but not for long, so that meant a new alternator. The old one was still charging (so healthy voltage may not mean alternator is OK) but the controlling diodes etc were diagnosed as faulty. As I was planning to have a full service/check over/cam belt change I had the alternator changed at the same time. I should get the parts under a 1 month guarantee, but as the seller is 450 miles away that is still under negotiation! Confused

We only got the vehicle back tonight but it seems perfect, and the only quwstion mark on the vehicle is some corrosion on the inside of the rear discs, which we will keep an eye on. Otherwise very pleased with an otherwise nearly pristine vehicle bought at 64,000 miles (103+K - don't have the calculator to hand!). Smile Smile

I would have liked another Disco (old one getting long in the tooth) but they are very expensive, and still have children to feed. Enjoying the Isuzu very much and, as my wife says, nice to have a change.

Incidently just driven 300 miles in a nearly new Nissan on hire (on business as I had to go into a remote area off road) - what an awful vehicle, poor ride, agricultural engine and very noisey. Eleven year old Trooper much better! (Sorry if anyone has one!).
suzu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 0:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep change the blue relay they are prone to going wrong
garry

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 15:28    Post subject: WARNING LIGHTS, Reply with quote

cheers markboy, i will get one on order on monday and i will let you know weather this solves the problem.
Rock69

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 20:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ garry

I've just had a similar thing start on my 93 3.1TD - did changing the blue relay sort out the problem?
garry

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 20:24    Post subject: WARNING LIGHTS, Reply with quote

hi rock69, since posting my problem i have changed the relay but it has not solved the problem, i must admit it does not happen as often but the problem is still there, this is doing my head in at the moment with all this snow because the heater goes of as soon as the lights come on so the windows steam up straight away( don't get the wrong idea ) just bad weather, if you find any more leads to the problem please let me know. many thanks for your intrest. garry
Rock69

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 20:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna take a look at it in details tomorrow, but because the problem is so intermittent i dont really know were to start.

A head in the manual is probably the first step

I'll keep you informed.
Rock69

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 20:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also found this

http://www.itocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.phpt=1098&highlight=dashboard+warning+lights
Rock69

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 20:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, i mean this

http://www.itocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1098
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: