QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Spare a pound guv' ?

Goto page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
itocuk
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 15:09    Post subject: Spare a pound guv' ? Reply with quote

OK ... if you were reading this post BEFORE I moved it to 'Small Talk', then it's pretty certain you've already 'done your bit' for the Club - you're a LifeTime Member! Smile

The thing is, I'm really not sure about the best way to broach this subject and I thought the 'Private member's Chat' area was as good a place as any to start!

Late last week, I received the renewal notice from For Linux for the server I lease to run the Yellow Diamond Clubs. Shocked

OK - your first reaction is likely to be Shocked how much!?!? Shocked You can do it cheaper than that Simon!!!

Trust me - I've looked at all sorts of options and for the level of service and support - no I can't ... just over £300 a month is a pretty good deal!

OK ... if you're still reading, then you may be thinking "OK ... so what do you want? Surely, that's covered by the LTM's, online sales, Yellow Diamonds, 'contributions etc etc?"

The thing is ... sadly - no - it's not.

The annual server fees aren't covered and the same is true for the events / club liability insurances etc too ... (around £500 has come in over the last 12 months from collections / fundraisers at various events - the insurances cost me around £1500 pa!)

Part of the problem is the apparent reluctance of Club Members to contribute financially towards the cost of providing the free services here - after all - isn't that the point - it's FREE!!!

Well ... no Sad  Over the years that I've been running the Clubs, they have been sponsored almost exclusively by myself, through my Ltd Company - it's only over the last 18 months that LTM's have come in - there's a big backlog in the company accounts!!

And it gets worse!  So far this month, I've had ONE new LTM - a newbie on MDOCUK! Shocked

Hopefully ... you're still reading?

OK ... it's true ... as I say, if you're reading this, then you may have already helped financially and, truthfully, it has helped to keep the Clubs afloat - until now.

Some of you will know, I've been out of work for the last 9 months - my company pot has run dry.  I'll be honest - I have NO idea where the money is going to come from to fund the next 12 months server fees and various Club insurance policies.

I MAY be able to negotiate a monthly payment schedule with ForLinux BUT I currently get 12 months for the price of 10 - the price per month WILL go up if I pay monthly.

Alternatively, I need to raise some money PDQ!

So ... I guess what I need from you now is some sort of constructive ideas on how I can raise £5000 by the second week of October?

My first thought ...

If every member of ITOCUK sent just £1 this would pay for the next year's server fees and most of the insurances - put this with the money that could come in from the other YD clubs and we could be looking at a HUGE pot of money in the 'YD Club fund' Shocked ... future fees, club gear, discount bar / food at club meets, money to allow me to take some time out to perform forum upgrades etc ... the list goes on.

£1.00

Just a quid (more if you like!) in an envelope, (preferably not Paypal! Although - you can 'gift' money now Rolling Eyes ), to :

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club
Companies House
Ringwood Road
Bransgore
Christchurch
Dorset
BH23 8JQ

Or paypal : admin@pocuk.com (sorry - it's the only one I have that relates to the Clubs!)

Is less than 2p a week too much to ask from each member to keep the Clubs running?

I sincerely hope that this post is taken in the spirit it's intended ... It's just a request to help me to keep the Clubs running ... not to open a whole can of worms about committees, club constitutions, balance sheets etc etc.

In the first instance - I'm just looking for ideas.

If you can spare a quid (or more) - all the better.

Thank you.

Simon Confused

QuoteSeek - Free to use Insurance quote comparison service.

Google Ads - you know it makes sense Cool
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 15:09    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

siweb

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 20:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Think you once gave a reason not to do this... but what about a yearly membership fee?
I know the Nissan/maverick club am in does this at £10per year Exclamation  just an idea...

And most peeps do say money well spent for the info they get, which enable em to fix things them self (or not via a MD)

Last edited by siweb on Tue Sep 16, 2008 20:37; edited 1 time in total
richard wilkinson

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 20:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep think we need to back simon up on this one lads & lasses
Red Robbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Where ever I happen to be in my imagination but mainly Far East Sussex

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 20:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sort out the wheres and whyfores,single donation or annual fee or whatever......More than happy to chip in   Smile
Cheers
         Robbo.
rallymarshall

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 20:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would happily throw £10 a year if needed Very Happy

65 vauxhall mokka 1.6cdti 4x4 se
66 vauxhall corsa vxr
dxmedia

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 20:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

siweb wrote:
I Think you once gave a reason not to do this... but what about a yearly membership fee?
I know the Nissan/maverick club am in does this at £10per year Exclamation  just an idea...

And most peeps do say money well spent for the info they get, which enable em to fix things them self (or not via a MD)

my4x4.co.uk did this, nearly every member walked.

01553 845 945
TimBanham
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon

You have my vote
rallymarshall

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 21:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

can i send a £5 thru the club shop via contributions,  Question

66 vauxhall corsa vxr
siweb

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 21:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

dxmedia wrote:
siweb wrote:

That's the trouble with the older member's that have had the info they wanted Rolling Eyes

Whenever money's asked for peeps always run Laughing  Laughing  Laughing , but as this is just an "Isuzu" forum most people come to find out info on something's that wrong with there car, and with all the info at there finger tips, and the urge to find out a cheap solution is £5 or whatever to much to chance???

Idea number 2  Every time there's an official club get-together everyone throws a £1 or 2 in the pot then send it to Simon?
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 21:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would pay £10 a year. But would understand it would be hard to police and new members would not want to pay.

I can't understand why more people that get so much from the club will not help Confused Always a good excuse of course.
Suckin' Diesel Baby!

siweb

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 21:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

:::Matski::: wrote:
I would pay £10 a year. But would understand it would be hard to police and new members would not want to pay.

I can't understand why more people that get so much from the club will not help Confused Always a good excuse of course.

Dont give em access to the forum till they pay up....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 21:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

siweb wrote:
membership fee?

Idea number 2  Every time there's an official club get-together everyone throws a £1 or 2 in the pot then send it to Simon?

im up for that Very Happy

66 vauxhall corsa vxr
:::Matski:::
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 21:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

siweb wrote:
Dont give em access to the forum till they pay up....

Yeah but that would cut new members out almost compleatly.
Suckin' Diesel Baby!

rabbitt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 21:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

rallymarshall wrote:
siweb wrote:
membership fee?

im up for that Very Happy

yeah good idea but so i can gather from the last few years that i have been attending events its gonna be the same people chipping in every time...................

its a hard one to call really as we dont want to scare the old members away but on the same note want to bring more members in  Confused
Red Robbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Where ever I happen to be in my imagination but mainly Far East Sussex

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 21:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

siweb wrote:
dxmedia wrote:
siweb wrote:

That's the trouble with the older member's that have had the info they wanted Rolling Eyes

Whenever money's asked for peeps always run Laughing  Laughing  Laughing , but as this is just an "Isuzu" forum most people come to find out info on something's that wrong with there car, and with all the info at there finger tips, and the urge to find out a cheap solution is £5 or whatever to much to chance???Idea number 2  Every time there's an official club get-together everyone throws a £1 or 2 in the pot then send it to Simon?

Thats why I joined to start off with and i now have a moderately modded motor,no pain or hassle ,downto ITOCUK.....I aint running...IM paying,and happy to do so,and all those newbies especially those with the 3.0(As I was) ought to be thinking the same,without this site we would not have had the heart or experience to buy or run thes motors.Where else would you get the experience of Eithan et all.....
Its dip the hand in the pocket time......

Robbo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club News All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: