QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Garage Notts/Derbys for starting issues

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Garages / Servicing Agents
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richard wilkinson

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 20:24    Post subject: Re: blue thingy Reply with quote

Gribble wrote:
Yes it a blue one in colour  but would think its Isuzu only so just ask for the blue charge relay that sits in the engine bay fuse box or pull it out and put it on the parts counter .It only fits in one way so you cant go wrong just like a mains plug on say  like that thing on a stick  that makes a din and cleans carpets . Laughing
You could get it from milners , be the same thing and cheaper.
Has just been pointed out to me that milners 3.0 Trooper  alternator is only 70amps  Confused you need 90 amps according to the isuzu specs  Shocked
that means your batteries are making up the  20 amps  difference so they would  go down on power over a period of time .
Best way forward is to get the right spec alternator fitted by a autoelectric place or buy one of eebuygum Surprised  or similar and get it put on , some on there new for about £100

my origanal alternater was only 70amp
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 20:24    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Gribble

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 22:18    Post subject: Alternators Reply with quote

Aha. but was that what it came with ? I have had many an import car over the years and the specs do vary !
If ,say this one  of bgeegee has a/c , heated seats and  auto then a bigger alt would be fitted as standard.
Isuzu list two for the yom 2000  on - 90 and 100 amp so thats what I was going on.
My first trooper (a 98 duty lwb with 198k on !!) had only 70amp but I put a 90 on when it failed .
richard wilkinson

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 21:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

full spec mate came with hitachi 70 amp  Laughing
Gribble

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 21:42    Post subject: Amps Reply with quote

Not sure  then  Confused The one I have for stock is 90amp and thats from my local autoleccy place - he only stocked the one from the Cargo book. Hitachi as well.
richard wilkinson

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 22:03    Post subject: Re: Amps Reply with quote

Gribble wrote:
Not sure  then  Confused The one I have for stock is 90amp and thats from my local autoleccy place - he only stocked the one from the Cargo book. Hitachi as well.

its the 90amp we need anyway personly dont think 70 is enough
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Garages / Servicing Agents All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: