QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Drivers Window Controls Not Working - On My Rodeo Denver 06

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gordofaebonhill

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 14:18    Post subject: Drivers Window Controls Not Working - On My Rodeo Denver 06 Reply with quote

I have a Rodeo Denver 06 Plate , the problem is with the front drivers control unit for all the windows
is does not work. It started when I had the battery out of the pickup and then when I put the battery back in
the window control did not work ? All the other individual controls work put not the one at the drivers dooor side ?

I would be gratful if anyone could help me with any ideas at to what the problem is, Thanks.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 14:18    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 20:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd go with a new switch pack by the sounds of it
309jamie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 05 had the cenral locking play up, seems to have cleared but now i have the window problem, ordered new switch unit, will let you know how i get on with it. Local dealer reckons they are prone to going wrong.  Smile
Auto_Ian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 21:13    Post subject: Re: Drivers Window Controls Not Working - On My Rodeo Denver Reply with quote

gordofaebonhill wrote:
I have a Rodeo Denver 06 Plate , the problem is with the front drivers control unit for all the windows
is does not work. It started when I had the battery out of the pickup and then when I put the battery back in
the window control did not work ? All the other individual controls work put not the one at the drivers dooor side ?

I would be gratful if anyone could help me with any ideas at to what the problem is, Thanks.

I have a Rodeo 2004 and my window controls have also stop working since I disconnected the battery.
Had to power up the window motor to get it shut.
Havn't worked out why this has happen yet.
I disconnected the battery to clear codes on the ECU as I have problem with 4wd light staying on.
I have had computor scan with Tech2 and the fault codes cleared and it still stays on ?
Any help would be very grateful.
Thanks.
eithan h

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 21:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can't clear the codes for the 4wd system with the  tech2 you have to probe the ecu with 2 wires i kid you not!! if you have the 4wd light on it's telling you theres a problem with the 4wd motor or the wiring to it as this is all it is able to do and the motor was a very common problem with them something to do with limit switches inside it.
Auto_Ian

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 21:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

eithan h wrote:
you can't clear the codes for the 4wd system with the  tech2 you have to probe the ecu with 2 wires i kid you not!! if you have the 4wd light on it's telling you theres a problem with the 4wd motor or the wiring to it as this is all it is able to do and the motor was a very common problem with them something to do with limit switches inside it.

Hi eithan, I watch my friend clear four (4) fault codes with the Tech 2, in the ABS section, 2 were for abs faults , 1 4wd, and 1 battery volts.
The problem with the 4wd started after it wouldn't come out of 4wd before I got to a junction at the end of a lane, when we had that snow back a few weeks ago on a Monday, when I pulled away at the junction and straighten up all the 4wd lights started flashing very quickly. I took the front axle motor apart and the selector sprung back and it was now disengaged from 4wd, I reset the motor and re assemble it, checking first it was slide in to lock the front diff and out freely. Checked the lights on dash and only the red 4wd check light was on. So I only had 2wd. We had snow forcast, So I disconnect the electical plugs to the front axle, took the selector apart again and engaed it to lock the front diff, disconnected the transfere box motor and removed and locked the diff lock in that so I had 4wd all the time. I drove around in the bad snow OK with it like that until roads were clear again. The ABS light was on, green 4wd light was on and the red check 4wd light as well, all as was expected. After snow gone reconnected wires to the 4wd units and started her up, both disengaged 4wd, only the red check 4wd light on. Hence ABS fault codes, battery volts codes due to disconnecting battery. I was chatting to someone else today who also has a 04 Rodeo the same as mine and they had check 4wd light come on, they had a new ECU module fitted which cured the fault. In AutoData known faults, it says don,t fit a new module just clear fault codes for transmission shift swicth (s,s). I have spoken to a friend in Isuzu parts and he says its normally the module seems to be a common thing, I can't see why a module would go just cause it wouldn't come out of the front diff lock. So which 2 wires is it that I have to pobe then ? The motor works as it returns the shaft OK that locks the front Axle. I'm having a chat on with a Isuzu Mechanic on Monday about this and my window swicthes that stoped working after I diconnected the battery.
eithan h

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 21:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2 cannot read the 4wd system it can read the gearbox ecu so if yours is an auto  it may have got codes from that,
it sounds as though you had wind up though and by taking it apart you have put a fault code in to 4wd system.
replacing the control module will cure the problem as this is where the faults are logged and autodata is correct you need to try and clear the memory first before replacing it.
theres 4 wires you need to probe at the same time to clear the codes but i can't remember what they are without looking at the original instructions but the ecu doesn't just go it's just they don't know how to clear them so replacing it is all they know.

let me know how you get on and if no luck i'll see if i can dig the sheet out
Auto_Ian

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 21:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

eithan h wrote:
tech2 cannot read the 4wd system it can read the gearbox ecu so if yours is an auto  it may have got codes from that,
it sounds as though you had wind up though and by taking it apart you have put a fault code in to 4wd system.
replacing the control module will cure the problem as this is where the faults are logged and autodata is correct you need to try and clear the memory first before replacing it.
theres 4 wires you need to probe at the same time to clear the codes but i can't remember what they are without looking at the original instructions but the ecu doesn't just go it's just they don't know how to clear them so replacing it is all they know.

let me know how you get on and if no luck i'll see if i can dig the sheet out

Hi eithan, thanks for your reply,

Thats what I was thinking if I clear codes all be OK again thats why I havn't gone and got new module, Hope you can find sheet with instructions on.
I was just reading your replys on earlyer subject about 4wd problems.
309jamie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Electric windows

Dealer finally got new switch pack in, went to collect it yesterday, over the phone they quoted about £120 so thought thats ok, went to collect it and they wanted £200, not happy but took it anyway. Fitted new pack but passenger windows still not working from drivers switchs, all windows are still working from their own door switch though. Any ideas would be appreciated.

4wd

Have a 4wd problem that started in the snow couple of weeks ago, tried to leave work on the thursday with nearly a foot of snow, 4wd wouldn't engauge, struggled on and it eventually engauged. Got to tarmac, disengauged, all was fine. Checked the operation when i got home and all seemed fine, headed back to work on the monday, got to forest track, tried to engauge and no luck again, couldn't get into work so took week off. Checked at home all still ok. Back the following monday and as theres deep sticky mud, tried 4wd but didn't engauge again. Managed in, left yesterday and it was fine again. It was around minus 15 at work in highlands, is it possible that the motor could have frozen or is it probably just dodgy motor.

P.S. Are the new 3 litres more reliable in the electrics area, thinking of a change? Sad
Auto_Ian

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 21:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

4wd

Well guys sorted my check 4wd light, now clear and my 4wd works again OK, 2 bits of wire and you clear codes.  Very Happy

I did find that when it was really cold minus, it would take time to engage and disengage, so I'm going to change the oil in the front diff and the transfere boxes to see if this helps.

Windows

As for the window switches I rang Isuzu Technical and they said the multi connector inside the door,  behind panel sometimes gets water ingress, couldn't say why it affected them because I had disconnected battery.

I have took door panel off and can't see any corrosion or water contamination, so I,m still trying to find fault.  Confused

Has anybody got a wiring diagram for these Rodeo's ?
eithan h

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 21:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you changed the switch pack? that's my first port of call
Auto_Ian

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 21:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

eithan h wrote:
have you changed the switch pack? that's my first port of call

No as Jamie bought new switch pack and it didn't work.
Auto_Ian

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 18:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rodeo 2004 3.0ltr Auto.

Window Switches.

Well I've got my window switches working again now.  Very Happy

Took switch pack apart again had a close look can't see anything wrong with them, refitted.
Removed relay for windows and swopped it with one next to it, removed windows fuse OK refitted, gave the truck a kick and now my switches are all working OK again.  Surprised
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: