QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Bighorn electrics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt1959

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 16:47    Post subject: Bighorn electrics Reply with quote

Hi all, we're on the verge of buying either a 3.1TD Bighorn auto or a Trooper V6 auto. I drove the V6 today and loved it. I'm having a go in the Bighorn TD tonight so it'll be interesting to draw comparisons.

Just one question; I've been told that if anything electrical goes on an impart, no auto electrician will touch it as the wiring diagrams etc are in Japanese Rolling Eyes

True or false!?

btw, We've tested most of the mid nineties 4x4's and IMHO the Trooper comes out best for smoothness, refinement and all round nice car.

Whats better, the V6 or the TD?? We do low mileage so fuel not too much of an issue altough I wouldn't want to sink to Range Rover single figures Embarassed
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 16:47    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Paul V

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

The electric's on Izuzu's prior to models with ecu's are pretty dammed basic, and as far as i'm aware would not be significantly different from your domestic imports..Any competent auto electrician can nut them out in pretty short order..

A well maintained oil burner is always well worth a look..however the Jap's are never too flash when it comes to servicing their vehicles so you always have to take a bit of a punt...... An excellent indicator as to the service or the lack of... is to check the condition of the air filter and eye ball the black stuff that may be linning the dip stick..If it's an auto box then the fluid doesn't want to smell burnt or be the consistency of dark caramel..At the end of the day if it's tidy and tight with moderate miles it's probably worth considering.

PS. If you are by chance considering a 3litre td from approx 99' onwards make sure that all the recall mods have been done to the injectors or you will be in real trouble.

Cheers
Paul V.
Kiwi Down under
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: