QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

New Rodeo Owner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J1ODY A

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 21:11    Post subject: New Rodeo Owner Reply with quote

Hi,

Hopefully the weekend I'm picking up a Rodeo Denver on a 55 plate with 19k miles, having previously owned a Navara I wanted something similar with more reliability & better economy so this is the route I went down.

A couple of questions I do have though, if someone could help me:

1) does the tailgate lock? if so, how? - the one I'm buying doesn't seem to lock with the central locking & no key hole on tailgate, is this right?

2) the only downside of the truck is the drab grey cloth interior & boring dashboard (namely a naff digital clock) - so is it easy to buy & swap for leather interior and/or are there any clever mods I can do to perk up the interior?

Forgot to say that this is not a working vehicle, I'll be using it as my personal car - with a Mrs with horses though the buck will get used as will the towbar!

Thanks  Cool
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 21:11    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

jonathan63

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 15:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can get a locking rear gate handle as i got one for my one and i had the lock maded to my key  and i have put the wood trim kit in it to make it look good ,i use my one for towing my horse and work
J1ODY A

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 17:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonathan63 wrote:
you can get a locking rear gate handle as i got one for my one and i had the lock maded to my key

excellent, where from & how much?

infact where do you get mods from for these trucks? i.e. wood trim kit?
jonathan63

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 18:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

the handle number is 8973074002 and the lock barrel is 8973765810  also if you have the rear chrome step bumper and you what a lock for the spare wheel there is a lock assy 8973765750  once you get the locks from your dealer you can get the adjusted to your key number by   ACCESS LOCK AND KEY SERVICE on 01843209200 they are in margate kent ,, 90% of my accessories are isuzu which i get from my dealer or one of my customers brings them back from thailand for me as i have the thai accessories catalog and i have rebadged it as a Dmax Highlander which is the top model in thailand
J1ODY A

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 19:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

brilliant thanks, will look into sorting the lock then move onto more accessories!
eithan h

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 21:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

why send it all to kent surely there is a locksmith in cheltenham who could do it for you?
jonathan63

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 13:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes we have a very good locksmith here in cheltenham how ever he dose not have the tool to do the locks , the company in kent is the approved locksmith by subaru/isuzu by im group
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: