4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Pay & Play 05/06/05 Avon Dassett Nr Banbury

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Green Laning / Offroading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul.K

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 7:59    Post subject: Pay & Play 05/06/05 Avon Dassett Nr Banbury Reply with quote

Hi, Thames Valley 4X4 Club are hosting a pay and play day on the 5th June. The venue is a disused quarry so it is plenty big. There is plenty of non damaging stuff you can do and plenty for those of us can do if we are a bit more dareing. We have all types of cars at our events, Land Rovers, Suzukis, Hilux, 4x4s but not enough Troopers so come on fly the flag. You will find all the details on our web site + there are some good videos www.tv4x4.co.uk
Cheers
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 7:59    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Philp

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 10:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part of my family are from that area, my great aunt and uncle lived in a little village called Northend, right at the foot of the beacon, spent many happy hours running around those hills as a kid. Nice part of the world.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
Paul.K

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 7:54    Post subject: Good News Reply with quote

Hi, just managed to arrange for our meeting at Avon Dassett on 05/06/05 a Snack/Burger Van. He is a local and caters for other clubs at that venue. So all your needs can be met. Catering and toilets what else can you ask for.
Hope to see as many of you there as possible, too many Landies and Suzukis.
Cheers
yangreen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 20:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, smart move! With the wet weather that's forecast. Food close to hand will be useful!

I'll still be there. Have been busy this evening taping up my gearshift gaiter. Hope it holds up! Was thinking of adding a carrier bag as a layer of protection!

Really wet weather forecast this evening. Methings the going will be soft...

Ian
Paul.K

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 0:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, only going to be soft if you want it. There's plenty there where it will be plenty dry. Will find the gaffa tape if necessary.
Cheers
Paul.K

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 0:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Woe is me" I don't know if you know but I have just stopped taxing. insuring and MOT ing my SJ Samurai cos i have bought a car transporter trailer. A Brian James proper job trailer, it was reasonably cheap so I thought I would put it into Indespension to do a service. Diagnosed as needing 1 axles worth of brake shoes and brake cables, ok that's cool, do it. The son of a preacherman they only have 1 set of brake shoes. The other set is in N. Ireland What's the bloody use of one wheels worth of brake shoes? Mad Won't get the trailer back until Monday at the earliest. B******S
So poor old Trooper not only will it have to drag the club trailer 2 tonnes of brick on wheels but if i want any fun the Trooper will have to provide it then tow it back and take me to work the next day. The club trailer has been serviced by Idesenpsion this week and Carrie, my wife would have been dragging the SJ with her Disco but really heavy towing I was leaving to the Trooper. Don't want to hurt the fragile Solihull product. Hope to see as many of you on Sunday as possible.
Cheers
yangreen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 15:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

That means the Disco is now free to off road then! They may be fragile but they are still good in the rough stuff. We filled a Tdi engine with water and it still ran ok after we drained it back out!

See you tomorrow - I'll have my camera so I can take some pics for the website (if I can work out how to upload them!). The more Troops the merrier!

Ian
The PIG

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 16:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be there using my daughters SWB maverick to tow the traile with the SWB super trooper on it. See you all there, it's a long journey for me, Coming from Sittingbourne in Kent!!!
See you there,
anyone got a mobile number i can ring just incase i can't find it when i turn off motorway, cheers
yangreen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 19:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Number PM'd to you with my very detailed directions! There's a big hill en route which will be a test for the Maverick!

Ian
The PIG

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the directions Yangreen, although I didn't get all the way as the Maverick is S**T at towing!!!!!
Got onto the M25 crusing comfortably at 60mph and it started to whine and grunt and pull back, unusual I thought, so I flashed my mate over on to the hard shoulder and we stopped the engine on it and took a look, but none of us know what were looking for on FORDs,
So he rung the AA as he is a member and they said they would recover the car but not the trailer! So we were stuck with a trailer and a NON-ROAD WORTHY CAR. So my mate followed the AA truck in his L200 and his car and trailer and then came back for me and my trailer, luck the police didn't go pass they would have had me straight away!

So I am really disapointed about today was it good? got any pics of your troopers?
Doubt if I got to that hill you mentioned the Maverick would have screamed and turned away! The M25 is too much for it!

AA man said to repair Maverick would be alot, he did say what was wrong with it but didn't understand him.

SO FOR SALE IS A MAVERICK WITH NO PROBLEMS GOOD AT TOWING(HAHA)
E-BAY JOB?
yangreen

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 14:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear! We were wondering where you were. T'was a good day although I've learn that the Trooper is seriously lacking both in ground clearance and wheel articulation! Felt like I was driving a Reliant Robin as I spent so much time on 3 wheels! I was very impressed with the Troop but I'm not sure off-roading is for me. My back is already complaining as is my girlfriend who didn't enjoy the experience! Oh well. You have to try things or there's little point getting out of bed.

I'll post some pics once I work out how to do it!

Ian
The PIG

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 15:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah your right about ground clearance, an extra 2" should do it, if yuo put some off-road tyres on them they're a bit better. Troopers are very good off-roaders and towers, better then mavericks!
Look forward to seeing some pictures.
yangreen

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 17:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got off road tyres on!

Anyway, pics here http://photos.wanadoo.co.uk/album/1471138

Only a few Troopers but better than none.
The PIG

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 18:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got to clean it now-properly, underneath etc... thats one of the drawbacks of doing off-roading.
When's the next event? I'm back over here till august bank Holiday any more events before then?
Ian- What was course like?
yangreen

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 19:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, went straight to the jet wash for two serious sessions. Judging by the muddy equipment, someone had got there before me too!

The thing is still fairly muddy but much better now. Could do with some rain to help wash the rest off!

The course was quite viscous in places - especially for our poor, low, Troopers. Some incredibly exciting hills - one Defender popped out of first on the way down which was alarming! There is also plenty of boggy ground and waterways - high level snorkel essential as one 4x4 owner discovered...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Green Laning / Offroading All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: