QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Offroad Mods for Trooper?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pete E

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 21:06    Post subject: Offroad Mods for Trooper? Reply with quote

I am looking at a few mods to make my 3L LWB better prepared for greenlaning. I am not talking about anything too extreme, but just a few "improvements"

Firstly, what underside protection is recommend? I was not impressed to find the sump guard on my vehicle appears to be plastic! Then plate protecting the steering is steel and seems decent enough, but I would like to fit a metal sump guard as well. I suspect a diff guard would also be a wise investment.

The next thing I am looking at is fitting extended breathers as there are quite a few water splashes in my area. I assume this will need doing on the front and rear axel and somewhere on the gear box too? Anything else that I need to think about? I have seen quite a few Defenders with snorkels of one sort or another fitted. I don't think I need one but out of curiousity, how easy are they to fit to a Trooper? I know the body work would need a large hole cutting in it which is one of the things I want to avoid, but I am not sure where the air intake is under the bonnet?

Thirdly, what about towing points at the front? I notice the Trooper has one quite serious looking hook bolted off set under the steel steering guard. It does not look like a tie down, but I am not sure??? Also although only one is fitted, it seems there are holes in the corrisponding place on the other side...would it be good idea to fit a second hook to share the load and if so, where would I get one, apart from a scrap yard?

Finally, can anybody recommend a company that does offroad accessories for Troopers? I am talking about the basic stuff, not just the go faster flash stick on "styling" accessories....

As you can tell I am a noice to all this, so any and all advice would be welcome!

Regards,

Pete
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 21:06    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

flashman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 18:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reason the Land Rover may need the snorkel can be found at this site
http://web.bham.ac.uk/L.Chapman/
It shows what some 4x4 drivers/owners will get up to in the name of enjoyment. There are lots of links from it but try to find the video link which shows a Defender floating down the river and being 'rescued' by a knight in a shining Trooper. Laughing Laughing Laughing
The hook on the off side is a pulling hook and if you remove the bolts you can you can use the holes for an A frame or nudge bar. The bolts are long enough to replace the hook. You can get another hook from a main dealer for a few quid or a scrapyard if you can find one.

http://www.4x4accessoriesandtyres.com/

Is worth a look for bits theyare 2 mins from A1 at Leeming Bar in N Yorkshire. I've used them a few times and have had no problems. (No connection other than customer). But depends what you are looking for.

I'll snap it if I can
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: