4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Removing EGR Valves and vacuum pipes - Mk.1 2.8 - 4JB1T

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Siraniko

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 17:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for clearing the matter up. If it is any consolation the traffic condition hereabout is such that there is very little opportunity to rev the engine above 2000 rpm. It's not the speed limit it's the traffic. I will get the hoses straightened out ASAP. Cut the hose to the vacuum, plug that end and connect the other end to the secondary warm-up valve #1.

Thanks again.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 17:07    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

JBjunior

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully this isn't an ignorant question but what goes to the brake booster?  If you run the line from 1 to 5, you don't need the vacuum pump for anything and you just plug it off?

In a related question, I have larger hoses that run from the intake, to the valve cover and then runs forward about 150mm. Since I am installing the engine now it doesn't connect to anything, where does that go?
Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is for the 3.1 and 2.8 engines .. not the 3.0.

On the 3.1 and 2.8 there is a large hose on the back of the vacuum pump (on the back of the alternator) that goes to the brake servo on the bulkhead. Once you have done this the only thing the vaccum pump is used for is brake compensation, hence blanking the other port on the vacuum pump.

The pipe that goes from the rocker cover (right hand side towards the back) to the air intake is a breather pipe. What it does is allow any pressures to escape that may build up in the rocker cavity. Expect oil to be present on older worn engines.

Deceased
1994 Isuzu Bighorn LWB Mk.II 3.1TD Auto LS

JBjunior

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhanagar wrote:
This is for the 3.1 and 2.8 engines .. not the 3.0.

On the 3.1 and 2.8 there is a large hose on the back of the vacuum pump (on the back of the alternator) that goes to the brake servo on the bulkhead. Once you have done this the only thing the vaccum pump is used for is brake compensation, hence blanking the other port on the vacuum pump.

The pipe that goes from the rocker cover (right hand side towards the back) to the air intake is a breather pipe. What it does is allow any pressures to escape that may build up in the rocker cavity. Expect oil to be present on older worn engines.

Perfect, since I am installing the 3.1 into an American truck I don't have all of the information such as that. So the air intake/rocker cover breather just goes forward and vents to the atmosphere?  It seemed that something might have been connected there before.  Basically, two connections one to the intake and one to the rocker cover and the other end is open?

Thank you for the quick reply.
yazhe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please help me with the vacuum connections of my 3.1turbo isuzu bighorn 4x4? Its all tangled up..i want it to be on its original connections..we have similar engine bay..thank you.
Missydog1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 0:10    Post subject: Confused Reply with quote

I want to do this but cant understsnd What do you do with hose number two folks?
Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 0:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remove it completely. Only hose you should have left is a single hose from the Intercooler "1" to the fuel pump "5"

What year is your truck? Do you turn the lights on with the stalk or by turning a dial on the dashboard?

Deceased

Missydog1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:07    Post subject: Confused Reply with quote

Mine is a 3.1 bighorn turn a knob for everything ha wipers lights etc pure old-school..sorry for all the question but If you remove that pipe completely won't boost leak out there or will it make that little vacuum redundant.my 4x4 has gone low in power recently I find it especially when towing I blanked off egrs and did full service but still the same.I disconnected both inlet and outlet pipes from turbo and is spinning freely with no play.I'm unsure if it is boosting right tho.where would you suggest connecting a boost gauge to check boost?
Missydog1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:08    Post subject: Confused Reply with quote

Mines a 1994 with 170miles
Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is nice and simple then. The guide is perfect for you. Just remove all the small vacuum hoses from the engine bay. Get a new piece and route it from the intercooler to the fuel pump, using some of the spare hose clips to make sure it doesn't touch moving parts and stuff. Then blank the small port on the vacuum pump on the back of the alternator.

Deceased

Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you remove the pipe from "1" you are going to put a new unbroken length of pipe from "1" to "5" on the fuel pump. That line is misleading as it is not vacuum, but boost. The turbo when it spins pushes air into the intercooler. Some of it gets pushed down into the pipe to the fuel pump where it pushes a diaphragm in the fuel pump down that opens it up to allow the fuel pump to deliver more fuel to mix with the additional air from the turbo. Net result is more air and more fuel and more bang and more power.

Does that make sense?

Deceased

Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could potentially "T" into that line to feed a boost gauge as well.

Deceased

ebo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 23:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya guys

Sorry to intrude I have a series 3 landrover which came with a 2.8 tdi isuzu fitted.
It seems to max out at 30mph. Its mated to a landrover series3 a 4spd gear box but I reckon its down in power im not currently using a intercooler but I plan to add one at some stage.

There appears to be no vac lines except the one from the turbo to the valve.
After alot of reading I think my problem is the fuel pump is missing the vac connection. I have had a look at my fuel pump though and cant see a vac pipe to put one onto.

As im not currently using a intercooler and i dont have a vac pipe to connect to the fuel pump if there is a feed im missing.

While im here theres 2 valves on the inlet and one on the exhaust which im guessing I remove and ignore.

I tried to add some pictures but im not allowed as new
Thanks in advance
Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your engine probably looks like this. The inlet port should be just above the fuel pump. The fuel pump ort should be at the very top of the pump. The arrows point to them.

Joint the two ports with a hose.

Deceased

ebo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya bud

That is my style of engine but theres a no pipe off the plate on top of the fuel pump.
Was there any other types of fuel pump? If not I wonder if the pipes snapped and its been bodged with a diffent pumps plate to keep it running.

The vac pipe from the inlet appears to have been snapped off there is a hole but no way of attaching a pipe. Where else can I run the line from?

I bought it from a breaker so never got any history with it

Cheers for the help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: