4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

recall for 3.1?

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fifth4x4

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 17:23    Post subject: recall for 3.1? Reply with quote

While in main dealers today I heard mention of letters going out to 3.1 trooper owners re a need to crimp wires? Didn't get a chance to ask more about it and wondered if anyone else had heard anything Question Have to go back again and will ask more about it then.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 17:23    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

CraigAUS

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard that it was something to do with the ceramic heaters and may also include the 3.0 4JX1 models. Nothing mentioned about it over here in Australia yet.
mp

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 22:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes my brother got one he's got an m reg 3.1 and it is something to do with a ceramic heater . the wires have to be lengthened because they pull tight around something, the only thing is it's done 150,000 mls without a problem and used everyday on the farm, i should think if there really was a problem it would have showed up by now whats even more funny is the wires that have to be lengthened are in the cab just under the dash somewhere by the heater box (technician showed him at his local dealership) so what on earth can they rub on as nothing moves really under there i'm smelling a fishey smell here what do you others think.
fifth4x4

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds very strange Confused Where do the recall letters generate from? I'm the third owner and although I went to the main dealer to get a key coded (reminds me it's a week since they "tried" to code it and didn't and were going to call the technical dept, then call me back and haven't Evil or Very Mad ) I don't get it serviced by them.
ethel610

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had the same recall on our monterey and it has been done none.
DAVE FROM NEWCASTLE

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 20:46    Post subject: recall Reply with quote

ive got my letter from isuzu and it's booked in for the thursday next week they say it will take about 45 mins to do.mines 3.1 lwb citation 170.000 miles m. reg
3.1td

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 20:28    Post subject: Safety Recall Reply with quote

Hi, Recieved a letter today from Isuzu regarding a long term safety concern with the ceramic heater. They say "whilst the work is being carried out (free of charge)" they will also "check for and perform any outstanding service campaign work (free of charge)"....Anyone else had any "outstanding service campaign work" carried out, if so what does this work include..? Rolling Eyes
mgirdwood

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

does this also apply to imports?
nobbygezza

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 22:40    Post subject: 3.1 recall Reply with quote

Had my monterey recalled back in march, there wasn't a problem before it went in, but when it came out my heater temp knob would not turn all the way round. When i had a look they had cut out the connector block and replaced it, only in doing so had taken the wires out of the fitting clamp and left them hanging loose. I then fixed it myself knowing the jobs done properly.
MASCARY

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 16:34    Post subject: ceramic heater recall Reply with quote

There is a potential fire risk problem with ceramic heaters on a certain batch of 3.1 diesel motors. I recieved my notice of recall 4~5 wks ago. the heater is under the dash and you get free service when you take your trooper in.
fifth4x4

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 21:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still waiting for my letter although I know that it's one of the Troopers to have the work done.
Ray_of_Sunshine

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 14:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

fifth4x4 wrote:
I'm still waiting for my letter although I know that it's one of the Troopers to have the work done.

How do you know if your trooper is to be recalled before you receive the letter? the reason I ask is my dads trooper hasn't been recalled as yet but my trooper has.

My trooper when in today for the recall and when I got there the parts are on back order so I have to take it back another time although the other parts I ordered at the same time had arrived in. So the problem of stock must be at the main warehouse, You would assume that Isuzu UK would make sure the warehouse had enough parts for the ceramic heater recall to cover the ammount of letters they send out for that week, how crazy is that!
Grandad

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 16:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

the parts you refer to are 2lengths of wire approx 4"long 4cable joiners and some insulating tape but knowing main dealers it probably comes as a kit i watched the mechanic do the job took him 5 minutes
Ray_of_Sunshine

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 18:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read that the job takes 30 minutes somewhere else in the forum and was told 40 mins from the dealer but thats probably then trying to justify the time it normally takes them to do work. Laughing
fifth4x4

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 21:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

I phoned IM to check if mine was to be recalled and they told me that it was. that was about three months ago! Still waiting. Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: