2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

recall for 3.1?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geoffcoy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 21:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had my 3.1D Monterey done a few weeks back, Vauxhall helpline suggested that this would take 30 mins, booked into dealer who was not aware of the recall.

Took them 90 mins to complete, got the third degree about where the car was being serviced, etc...I did explain it was a recall.

At least the coffee was free....
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 21:26    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

simon007

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do you know if yours needs to be recalled i have only had my trooper for about 6 weeks
nobbygezza

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 20:51    Post subject: Recall Reply with quote

You should receive a recall notice from Vauxhall UK, if not pop into your local vauxhall dealer with chassis number and reg no and ask them is there any recalls outstanding on your vehicle, they should then be able to check instantly Wink
fifth4x4

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 23:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

was at dealers today (third visit to get key coded and at last they had success Smile ) Asked how the recall was getting on and he told me that they are onto the R reggies so hopefully that'll mean mine soon.
Richard James

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 19:55    Post subject: 3.1 RECALL FOR CERAMIC HEATER Reply with quote

I have an R Reg SWB Trooper and have just received a recall notice. Must be urgent after 8 years !
Ray_of_Sunshine

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 0:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

fifth4x4 wrote:
was at dealers today (third visit to get key coded and at last they had success Smile ) Asked how the recall was getting on and he told me that they are onto the R reggies so hopefully that'll mean mine soon.

How much did that cost? My Dad had to pay about £60 for to get a new key coded I took them about four attempts not the equipments fault basically they cant work the machine.
fifth4x4

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 14:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

The key coding including the key cost £79. I have had to be extremely carefull not to loose the only key I had while waiting 4 months for them to sort their software or whatever they had to sort out Mad
In future I will be more carefull when buying a used vehicle to check it has two keys Rolling Eyes

I had my recall letter the other day and phoned the dealers to be told there were 55 already on the waiting list for the parts Mad According to him they order the parts and Isuzu only sends half the quantity.so although my Trooper has been recalled I have no date yet for the work to be done Sad
DAVE FROM NEWCASTLE

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 16:58    Post subject: mmmmmmmmm Reply with quote

well ya *beep* man i got my recall letter months ago phoned dennise common of morpeth way and booked it in and got it done neeeeeeeeeeee problem good geordie workers
Laughing Laughing Laughing 8) 8) 8)
Philp

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 18:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis Common are the garage that supplied my Trooper from new in 91, up in longframlington, still got the original number plates on and dealer sticker. It then went to west Yorkshire for less than a year and now lives in Lancashire.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
keithj

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 20:31    Post subject: recall Reply with quote

Just got my recall, 1998 3.1. Trooper. I assume the are late because they can't cope with demand.

keith
albion

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 19:11    Post subject: I didn't get my free servoce Reply with quote

Hey, Mascary! I had my ceramic heater done - no mention of a free anything, let alone a service...was I ripped off? They couldn't even fix the screaming alternator belt (yes, it was the county's largest main dealership) - anyone sle get offered a free service?

Albion. Miffed - and currently with what seems to be a 2WD trooper (see thread in transmissions section) Double miffed...
Ray_of_Sunshine

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 23:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Albion no you were not ripped off the only free of charge work done is the service campaign work done on the ceramic heater.

My trooper had it's ceramic heater recall work done last week and my Dads trooper was done as well.
albion

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:26    Post subject: not ripped off Reply with quote

...for a change (oooh, cynical!) Thanks for the info - I'll sleep better now!

Michael.
Mightyjoe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

mgirdwood wrote:
does this also apply to imports?

Anyone got an answer to this as i have only had mine a few weeks. 95M on import. I am first to own it in the UK
Grandad

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 0:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

imports dont get recalls but the modification is simple the two wires from the ceramic heater run alongside the heater unit near where the clutch pedal is these wires are lengthened by about 4"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: