4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

F.A.O eithan ,gribble and guru gang

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dogfish

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 23:03    Post subject: F.A.O eithan ,gribble and guru gang Reply with quote

hi guys its me again
still waiting for the dealer to arrange a tech 2 diagnostic just another couple of questions which i am sure will pose no problem at all for you guys,first if i have had a new short motor could the ecu poss have gone u/s due to pick up and running with ign key in hand they have fitted a second hand one but now i am picking up managment light faults.second would the aircon which is near u/s now need a recharge after said new motor.thanks for help regards Neil.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 23:03    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 17:54    Post subject: Re: F.A.O eithan ,gribble and guru gang Reply with quote

dogfish wrote:
hi guys its me again
still waiting for the dealer to arrange a tech 2 diagnostic just another couple of questions which i am sure will pose no problem at all for you guys,first if i have had a new short motor could the ecu poss have gone u/s due to pick up and running with ign key in hand they have fitted a second hand one but now i am picking up managment light faults.second would the aircon which is near u/s now need a recharge after said new motor.thanks for help regards Neil.

so it ran on but you had the key in your hand? no i wouldn't of thought it would affect anything

if they put another ecu on did they use the immob as well from the car they got the ecu off as you can't just swap them around

it's always good to recharge the system but you can replace the engine without disconnecting the aircon system so they might not have done.
dogfish

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 19:49    Post subject: eithan and guru gang here we go again Reply with quote

hi again guys
it went in for tech 2 and the stored fault was gearbox switch/sensor what on earth is this for,they have reset ecu and told me to try they suggested error due to second hand ecu they fitted from auto,just as a footnote on this issue the dealer told me it came from isuzu uk however isuzu have stated catagorically that they do NOT use s/h ecu units,so who is telling porkys.
the next item is after tech 2 the aircon blue light in the button does not light up the compressor cuts in and out ok and it gets cool but perhaps not as cold as it used to.before i get it looked at at the dealer could anybody tell me is the bulb in the switch replacable and how do i get to it.the other switches light up ok,and i have tried to look inside dash so i presume its a facia removal,but which part ,thanks for spoonfeeding me it is appreciated and i have admitted to been an idiot.regards neil.
Gribble

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 20:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eithan will have no sides  left to split laughing at this rate Neil - you cant just hop auto/maunal ECU's about for one thing it involves the immobiliser being set up to match the engine ECU security code  and there is a gearbox poistion sensor on the manual box it controls the max fuel/boost ratio in the lower gears .

They can reset the ECU as many time as they like but if the faults not fixed back will come the check light .
dogfish

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 20:42    Post subject: wish i was laughing gribble Reply with quote

hi
i am sure this is quite amusing i can see the funny side every time i go to the dealer something else goes wrong,anyway the ecu if its from an auto and poss one kicking around chandlers yard ,can it be fitted into a manual car,and what is the downside of having this switch turned off as they suggested,they have said they will need help to sort poss from the isuzu tech who visits dealers.
tother thing is any ideas on the little blue bulb,i dont want to get it recharged as i not long ago had it done the dealer insists that the aircon was not disturbed during new short motor.so if its faulty it will cost .also this was the 20th visit to the dealer and its 90 miles a round trip so if they are as good at fixing aircon as recalls then the truck will be clapped due to milage before its fixed. Rolling Eyes
eithan h

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 23:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should with the aid of tis2000 be able to clear the ecu of it's programming for the auto then reprogram it to be a manual, this should sort out the fault code and isuzu uk don't use s/h units and i'm pretty sure you can't get recon ecu's from them either.
dogfish

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 7:28    Post subject: off on holiday next week Reply with quote

hi
and thank goodness you guys are on the ball ,its a shame that i have to ask the questions so that i can go to the dealer pre armed to establish if i am been fed b___ks,and thanks to the advice i can actually suggest whats poss wrong .
as prev stated each time i go back we take one step forward and sometimes two back or as on the last visit something else goes wrong,i know its only a small fault but i would still like to sort it  so any ideas on why the blue light in the aircon switch is now out,and if its the bulb how do i get to it,i am off on hol in the next week or so and want the trooper to earn its money and be used for what it was purchased for to tow a caravan around, hopefully i might need the aircon .
just a final thought if the gearbox switch has been turned off on tech 2 will this affect the pulling power whilst towing.
thanks for responding so quick ,just wish the dealer did same,i dont know what i am going to do with my time off when i dont have to go to the dealer.
thanks for keeping me sane regards Neil. Rolling Eyes
Gribble

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 11:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if you just pull the knob off you can see the bulb but I will check later .
dogfish

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:21    Post subject: hi gribble Reply with quote

thank you for your help its just one thing i can poss do myself which will hopefully alleviate fears of expensive aircon repair,so before i attempt to pull off knob i will await your further instructions than are truley appreciated,regards Neil.

ps just had a chat with dealer and informed him that isuzu dont supply s/h ecus and as long as mine can be programmed for a man i dont mind where its from,i fully understand that this has got to be just as big a pain to them ,pity that the skills needed for troopers seems to be thin on the ground at dealers.
eithan h

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 15:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's probably just the bulb and i think as gribble said you pull the knob bit off then if you can get at it great but if you can you have to remove the whole switch which i think goes backwards in to the dash to get it out
dogfish

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 20:58    Post subject: COULD YOU THROW A LITTLE LIGHT ON THE SUBJECT Reply with quote

HI GUYS
I DO FIND YOUR ANSWERS QUITE ILLUMINATING HOWEVER I HAVE PULLED THE AIRCON KNOB VERY HARD AND BEFORE I BREAK IT WOULD JUST LIKE TO CHECK ARE YOU SURE IT JUST PULLS OFF,LIKE THE SWITCH I AM A BIT DIM , Idea REGARDS NEIL.
Gribble

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 20:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah , bit more to it than I thought -

REMOVAL
Preparation:
Disconnect the battery ground cable
1. Front console assembly
2. Lower cluster assembly
3. Glove box
4. Instrument panel passenger lower cover
5. Instrument panel driver lower cover
6. Meter cluster assembly
Refer to Section 10 “BODY” for INSTRUMENT PANEL
ASSEMBLY removal procedure.
7. Attaching Screws
Remove the 4 attaching screws and disconnect the
control lever cables at heater unit and blower
assembly.
8. Fan Switch and A/C Switch Connector
Pull the control lever assembly out and disconnect
the connectors.
9. Control
dogfish

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 21:31    Post subject: wow that souns easy,not Reply with quote

hi Gribble
thank you for the detailed removal procedure,i told you at least you gurus are definitely switched on,however looking at how this job is done i do believe it will be a long time before the light is on ,thanks and regards Neil. Rolling Eyes
dogfish

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 19:16    Post subject: yep its a deff no chance Reply with quote

hi guys
had a look with gribbles instructions and no chance at the mo anyway summer only lasts a few days ,so now all i need is a duty badge and that should do it.
on the other subject the dealer is having a think on what to do next with the ecu as the check light is still coming on bit of a b-----ger isnt it one light that i want on isnt and one i dont is.
regards Neil.
dogfish

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 18:28    Post subject: the lights sometimes on and nobody if home Reply with quote

hi gurus
it appears that if i flick the aircon switch i can get it to light up perhaps once every ten or so times the aircon is getting cold so its not the bulb maybe the switch,i have looked at gribbles list and will attempt a repair at some stage the question is the switch is a no no from dealer does anybody know of a good trooper breakers,if they do please send details.
on the other subject of the ecu the dealer is waiting for a visit from a techie from isuzu who is due to visit the garage in the hope that they can turn the auto ecu into a manual,i have clocked up 2k since the new short motor and finally opened it up on the motorway i was a bit dissapointed as we only managed 85mph flat out could be down to wrong ecu what do tou guys think.regards Neil. Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: