All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

A CRY FOR HELP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phil Weighell

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 19:36    Post subject: A CRY FOR HELP Reply with quote

Hi There
I recently just purchased my second trooper a 99 3.0td LWB from a none Isuzu dealer.I have a fault with the car that the selling dealer can't fix and our local Isuzu dealer don't seem to Know what is causeing the fault. Which is when starting the car mainly from cold but does occaisionally happen when hot it starts on 4 cylinders but within a few seconds starts to die and misfire emitting clouds of bluey white smoke from the exhaust then all of a sudden it clears it self and is ok. It has just had the turbo and injector sleeves recall carried out but has made no difference. Has anyone out there experianced a similar problem and how did you sort it ? Somebody told me the injectors are hydraulicaly opperated could the wrong engine oil cause this fault ?
Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated as the selling dealer has offered me a full refund but I really like the car. Thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 19:36    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

JohnN

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 19:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try gently breaking apart the multiplug that is fixed to the oil filler/dipstick. Check that the male part is clean and oil free. If not then use a solvent for cleaning contacts, don't use white spirit as it will not dissolve the oil readily. Reassemble when completely dry.
If there is no oil in this component then the throttle position sensor on the pedal may need checking as well as the one on the throttle body.
These sensor faults should show up with an EOBD code reader which a good garage should have. The diagnostic 16pin plug is located behind the centre console driver's side and can be easily reached.
Phil Weighell

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 21:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that info John I am looking into it. The plug connecter was full of oil I cleaned out with brake cleaner but fault still there.Have been unable to find a garage with a code scanner that have the right cartridge ie.jap cars.
Is this a common fault with this engine ,do you have any info on how the injection system operates or wiring diagrams pin assignments etc. any info would be a great help Thanks again
Phil
JohnN

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 23:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you clean out the multiplug it MUST be completely dried out. Also check the pink wires going into the male part. If they are constantly oily despite thorough cleaning then you may be looking at partial loom replacement. The injection system is brilliant in conception but can sometimes be let down by component weakness.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: