Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

How much to fit a new Cam Belt?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Servicing / tuning / MOT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hightower

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 18:45    Post subject: How much to fit a new Cam Belt? Reply with quote

Thought I'd ask if any of you guys had replaced the Cam Belt and how much it cost. Mine's coming up for replacement and I'd like to get an Idea of a good value price.

Andy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 18:45    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

m0jfk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 23:15    Post subject: DIY Cambelt Reply with quote

Well if you send it into a garage it could be very expensive mate it takes best part of an afternoon to do yourself if its your first time doing so.

DIY is the easy way and not that hard to do... just make sure you get a good quality timing belt by Gates off e-blag only about £20 or less.

If you need ANY MANUALS on how to jobs like this on the Troopers/Montery I have the lot here for every make and year and can slap them on a cd for you in PDF format for free if you post me your Name and Address via this website.

The job is a doddle mate, it reads a bit complicated but when you come to do it it is p-ss easy.
busdennis

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

morning
im new to the forum as i bought my first trooper yesterday (y reg swb 3.0) its a bit of a punt has as no documented service history with 80,000 on the clock, ive already read the belts need doing at 60,000 so thats why i joined the forum. ive built a few aircooled engines and replaced the head on an old series 3 diesel but never had the confidence with such a new engine.

anybody in yorkshire fancy supervising for some beer tokens
dieseldog69

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 14:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was very short of time and put my truck in to get cam belt and near side front wheel bearing done and it came in at a very reasonable £260 parts and labour, although I am living just outside Wrexham at mo, was quoted £280 cam belt alone by sum chump and if I wanted the kit fitted they were talking £450 and thats all exc VAT!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Servicing / tuning / MOT All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: