4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

bash plate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Suspension / chassis / steering / brakes / wheels / tyres
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArgyBargy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 13:54    Post subject: bash plate Reply with quote

or whatever they're called....

anyone know of a supplier for underbody protection for a LWB mk 2 Trooper?
I'm looking for something to protect the gearbox cross member that hangs worryingly low behind the front axle and looks like it needs a skid plate of some sort to stop it walloping rocks etc.

Argy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 13:54    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Paul.K

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 20:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, the cross member on my Mk1 works as a bash plate. I don't think you would do too much damage if it hits it. I don't abuse it though, I would not go rock crawling with it. All the other bangs that comes from underneath are from the chassis or tow bar, a bit unsettling I know but on examination later on no damage. Cheers let us know how you get on.
Cheers
snowjunkie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 15:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too am looking for a source. If I find a good one, I'll post the details.

Meanwhile (and I risk really offending you now Wink ), you can of course do a lot about protection through driving. I've had 2 of my SWB Troopers 2000 ft up Scottish mountains over the years, crawling in low 1st over some of General Wade's old military roads. The biggest fear is on the downhill when suspension bounce gives the occasional clank Shocked . Never had any real damage though; take it slow and you should be fine. Troopers are built like tanks.
Philp

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 17:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think MK 1's are much better supplied as standard with underbody protection. I had to source a used set for mine as a previous owner had discarded the originals and I was really surprised at how substantial they are, from thefront skid plate to the tank guard at the back, weigh a ton too! You could always get a local fabrication company to make something custom up.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Suspension / chassis / steering / brakes / wheels / tyres All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: