All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Radio aerials.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Radio communications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Laird

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:02    Post subject: Radio aerials. Reply with quote

I have a Mk1 and the aerial is up the windscreen pillar. For off roading or even greenlaning it will not survive.
I decided that a 'rubber duck' would be the ideal aerial.
Local parts emporium, £6.99.    Top front corner of the roof because I have a custom 'safari' roof rack.
I couldn't pull out the old cable so I just cut it off. I couldn't get my 'mouse', a length of curtain wire, up or
down the drivers side pillar.  So I went to the passenger side.   I pushed the curtain wire up the pillar and
it appeared at the top near the hole Isuzu punched for the left hand drive vehicles!
I drilled a hole in the roof, 10mm, and mounted the aerial base connecting the cable.
Twisting the end of the wire on to the curtian wire I jiggled it down the door pillar.
Now comes the clever bit!  940 Volvo estates have the aerial in the side/rear window. Like a heated
rear screen.  Just below the window is an AERIAL AMPLIFIER!
So, the amplifier has a black wire, 0 volts, and a red wire, +12 volts!  A socket for a standard car radio plug and two wires that
went to the side window. One is plain black, the other has a white line. The one with the white line is the aerial input and the plain black
is the ground or screen. The socket is the output to the radio.
I now have a 'rubber duck' aerial that works. And, it can argue with the trees and win! Very Happy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:02    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

super trooper 101
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 23:42    Post subject: Re: Radio aerials. Reply with quote

The Laird wrote:
I now have a 'rubber duck' aerial that works. And, it can argue with the trees and win! Very Happy

ya didnt win this one Confused

sorry all just fed up of seeing the same name on the forum,

no doubt marky or rich will take me place  Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Radio communications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: