QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

asthmatic heater

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bodywork, trim, fixtures & fittings ...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RBUCKINGHAM

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 14:40    Post subject: asthmatic heater Reply with quote

ok winter is coming and its starting to get cold now for most no problem just turn on the heater. now my heater works as it should ive even put the air line down it to blow out any blockages so all fine. now my prob is that the force at which the air comes out the vent at hot or cold is like its being made by an asthmatic mouse blowing down a straw. My blower is currently wire via a switch with direct 12v from the batt as the resister part gave up the ghost. any ideas from you guys would help. how can i turn the mouse into a hurricane so i can get some damn heat from my truck.

thanks

richard
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 14:40    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

RBUCKINGHAM

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone any help???
Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

I woul say its a blocked vent ... or even the vents themselves are jammed and the control wires come off

Deceased
1994 Isuzu Bighorn LWB Mk.II 3.1TD Auto LS

RBUCKINGHAM

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

no blockage air goes through all right and all control wires ok. was wondering if the resister part turns up the power for the van instead of a direct 12v?
smoo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 13:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had exactly this problem on my BIGhorn........  virtually no blow , hot or cold from the  outlets .  
It has A/c with climate control .  But NO heat or blow although the fan was running ok.

No pollen filter on mine  despite me looking for ages .

So this was the problem .........The air con evaporator ( heat exchanger inside  the car) was totally ( and I mean totally ) blocked with fungus.  The air con had never worked and the heater was about as good as the headlights  Rolling Eyes
I discovered the problem whilst looking for the pollen filter........I removed the glove box and then removed the fan speed resistor that is mounted in the air stream , held in by 2 crosshead screws. Then I couldn't beleive my eyes ..............and complete blanket of yuk covering the matrix.  

Needless to say........ stripped out the offending item ( no gas in my air con anyway) pressure washed it .  antibacterial sprayed, reassembled .........now toasty with gale force 5 from ducts  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

I am not bothering recharging the air con ...........the truck is only used in winter whilst the merc hibernates.
Hope this helps

PS Thinking about it ...........Your fan resistor may have died due to no cooling air over its surface..........overheated and POP  Idea
RBUCKINGHAM

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 13:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

that might help mate i dont have the AC on mine plus no need just open a window lol but could have lots of *beep* at the bottom as top was fine. heater matix removal tonight i see where it slides out so you dont have to have the dash out just got to take pipes off and bleed the %&((&%$£"* water system. if this works i propbably feel very guilty making the mouse homeless  Laughing
smoo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 14:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be worth checking for a pollen filter , some trucks had them even  without AC.
RBUCKINGHAM

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 14:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh right didnt think it would have it being 23 years old where would the filter be?
RBUCKINGHAM

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 14:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok update still not fixed  Sad there is no blockages in the matrix nothing in the vents all cables connected as they should and cant find a pollen filter. so next is how can i make the blower push out more as there is a good change of snow and dont feel like becoming a lump of ice Laughing
kbekl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 14:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could get one of these lol

http://www.coopersofstortford.co.uk/src/GBASE/coopers-of-stortford-ceramic-car-heater-12v-dc-prodst06539i/

http://www.uniquemagazines.co.uk/gifts-and-other-products-344133/Buy-Ceramic-Car-Heater-Fan-?aid=GOOGLEBA01

is this any good to you not sure if all blower motors are the same

Link

1995 3.1td auto bighorn
RBUCKINGHAM

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 14:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

got one of them and they how can i say it poo.  Laughing thinking of a bigger fan or something make it blow more air then it be warm as it works just dont blow well enough to heat

anyway hows the wheels?
kbekl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 14:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

RBUCKINGHAM wrote:
got one of them and they how can i say it poo.  Laughing thinking of a bigger fan or something make it blow more air then it be warm as it works just dont blow well enough to heat

anyway hows the wheels?

not sorted yet am struggling to find a cheap set of spacers so since getting back it has sat still lol

i have found loads of 35mm ones lol but not alot of 10mm ones halfords only do 4/5 stud ones not 6  Crying or Very sad but will get it sorted soon

1995 3.1td auto bighorn
RBUCKINGHAM

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 14:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

35 would do it if there cheep enough
Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

smoo wrote:
Needless to say........ stripped out the offending item ( no gas in my air con anyway) pressure washed it .  antibacterial sprayed, reassembled .........now toasty with gale force 5 from ducts  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

I am not bothering recharging the air con ...........the truck is only used in winter whilst the merc hibernates.
Hope this helps

I had this theory until recently. The aircon compressor has oil in it to keep it lubed up. It needs the gas in it to help circulate the oil to keep things lubed. No gas and the oil just sits in the bottom of the pump doing not very much. In time the aircon compressor starts to rattle. Thinking I don't use it so what you hear it get louder and louder. One day as your bleeding the power steering oil you notice the aircon pump jumping on its mounts and fortunatly you kill the engine as the aircon compressor jams solid and almost rips the belts in half, potentially wrapping them around the altenator belt. Leaving you with no charge, no power steering, and potentially a hell of a mess. Luckily though your truck was idling and you caught it in time .... or you could be doing 60 down the m'way with a huge great caravan on the back when it happens and then your knackered.

Personally you should keep the aircon system anually serviced. One to keep on top of the fungus buildup ... and the other to top up the gas. You should also run once a week for at least 5 mins to keep everything running right and prevent the pullies from jamming.

I say this with recent experience and lots of hindsight research.

Deceased
1994 Isuzu Bighorn LWB Mk.II 3.1TD Auto LS

DYLAN

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarity wrong way round? (reversing the fan)

2002 S-TYPE JAGUAR 3.0 SPORT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bodywork, trim, fixtures & fittings ... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: