All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

asthmatic heater

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bodywork, trim, fixtures & fittings ...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smoo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

DYLAN wrote:
Polarity wrong way round? (reversing the fan)

Yep that was my next theory too .
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:53    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

smoo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhanagar wrote:
smoo wrote:
Needless to say........ stripped out the offending item ( no gas in my air con anyway) pressure washed it .  antibacterial sprayed, reassembled .........now toasty with gale force 5 from ducts  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

I am not bothering recharging the air con ...........the truck is only used in winter whilst the merc hibernates.
Hope this helps

I had this theory until recently. The aircon compressor has oil in it to keep it lubed up. It needs the gas in it to help circulate the oil to keep things lubed. No gas and the oil just sits in the bottom of the pump doing not very much. In time the aircon compressor starts to rattle. Thinking I don't use it so what you hear it get louder and louder. One day as your bleeding the power steering oil you notice the aircon pump jumping on its mounts and fortunatly you kill the engine as the aircon compressor jams solid and almost rips the belts in half, potentially wrapping them around the altenator belt. Leaving you with no charge, no power steering, and potentially a hell of a mess. Luckily though your truck was idling and you caught it in time .... or you could be doing 60 down the m'way with a huge great caravan on the back when it happens and then your knackered.

Personally you should keep the aircon system anually serviced. One to keep on top of the fungus buildup ... and the other to top up the gas. You should also run once a week for at least 5 mins to keep everything running right and prevent the pullies from jamming.

I say this with recent experience and lots of hindsight research.

If there is no pressure in the air con, the compressor shouldn't be turning. The electroclutch should not  engage with a low air con system pressure. ...  I would be very worried if mine was running when empty !!!  Thanks for your concern though.

Last edited by smoo on Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:53; edited 1 time in total
RBUCKINGHAM

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

DYLAN wrote:
Polarity wrong way round? (reversing the fan)

poss it will work both ways and both will push air out but only one will have hurricane speed ill try that later if not im thinking of putting on an extra fan two winds make a hurricane  Laughing
MikT725

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

The resistors drop the voltage to give you slower fan speeds so 12v direct is full whack im afraid, Those plug in heaters are pathetic i would rather have the asthmatic mouse i dont know how they get away with selling them, my fan isnt brilliant on the highest setting certainly no hurricane never has been either, could be the fan bearings siezing ?? you could stick 24v across it that would give you a tornado just not for very long till the motor burns out lol  Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bodywork, trim, fixtures & fittings ... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: