All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

brake pedal travelling to floor

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Suspension / chassis / steering / brakes / wheels / tyres
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dazbfd

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 0:24    Post subject: brake pedal travelling to floor Reply with quote

hi every one, i have a g reg 2.8td trooper lwb. when you keep your foot on the brake pedal it travells nearly to the floor. i have changed master cylinder. still the same. it dont hav a prob with stopping though in fact very good. could do with a little help please
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 0:24    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Philp

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you have a leaking caliper or still have air in the system. I would try bleeding the system again (some new master cylinders may also need to be bench bled before fitting, although the instructions that came with it should tell you if and how) Are you losing fluid at all? If so you may have a leaking hose. Also check to see if the flexi hoses are ok as one may be ablooning under pressure. Failing that it could be a problem with the brake servo.

Heres quite a good guide to isolating brake faults http://www.dodge50.co.uk/brakefaultfindingvac-hyd.htm

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
Grandad

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 13:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

when you changed the master cylinder you then bled the system. did you bleed from the nipple on the load sensing valve above the rear axle easy to forget this bleed screw. i have in the past Embarassed
dazbfd

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 14:11    Post subject: Re: brake pedal travelling to floor Reply with quote

dazbfd wrote:
hi every one, i have a g reg 2.8td trooper lwb. when you keep your foot on the brake pedal it travells nearly to the floor. i have changed master cylinder. still the same. it dont hav a prob with stopping though in fact very good. could do with a little help please
thanks for reply, thier are no leeks, i have bled valve sencer, all other pipes past mot so havent a clue, i have two friends with same problem with thier 2.8td troopers
Grandad

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 15:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you looked at the rear calipers the hand brake adjusters can be seized? kits are available to rebuild these. do you have a high pedal when you depress it with the engine off if so could be servo fault
jon willy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 17:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daz .... A quick way to help narrow it down is to carefully nip each brake flexi hose in turn and which ever circuit makes the difference is were you need to be focussing on .......... in the absence of a manufacturers hose clamp try carefully using vice grips.

Jon.
dazbfd

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 23:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks once again gents, iv clamped of each calliper in turn no diff. iv allso disconected the pipes to master and sealed the holes and had good pedal while engine running so i think servo good. if servo was not working wouldnt the breaks be s--t sorry to ask but this problem is pi--ing me off,
jon willy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daz .... Normally if you apply the brake pedal without the engine running 2/3 times the pedal gets solid, after starting the engine the pedal would then feel soft.

A servo assisted brake system without the servo working would be inefficient .......... I doubt you could replicate the same braking efficiency just by pressing the pedal no matter how hard.

Jon.
dazbfd

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi jon thanks once again. thats correct about pedal going down once engine running but it goes down to far, for mot pass, i took it to a garrage to be bled and the so called mic (prat) said he it was not worth bleeding becuase the pedal whent down after starting engine, i asked him how long have you bin mic and then drove away,
jon willy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 13:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daz .. just a small query .. I cannot speak specifically for your model but when you replaced the master cylinder did you alter OR notice if the push rod from the brake pedal is adjustable ie, is there to much free movement before the rod contacts the master cylinder piston ........ there has to be a limited amount of clearance, if not the fluid will not return to the reservoir after applying.

Jon.
Grandad

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 15:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi dazbfd the pushrod on the servo is ajustable as jon said but if you have not moved it and you replaced master cyl because the old one had this problem it does seem to point to air inthe system ?how did the problem start? if it is air it seems a power bleeder could be the answer
dazbfd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 15:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

would like to thank every one for your help MANY THANKS.it needed bleeding the correct way. starting with o/s front pump pedal 3 times holding it down on the 3rd release bleednipple repeat 9 more times, then n/s rear, backs need to be bled 15 times each, then to n/s front 10 tmes and then 15 time on o/s rear. And befor you ask the book dosnt say anything about bleeding the load sencer. car passed mot now and back on the road (brill)
jon willy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 15:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good News Daz....Good result....Jon.
Grandad

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 18:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

daz it`s good when a plan works grandad
signetone

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 19:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

dazbfd wrote:
would like to thank every one for your help MANY THANKS.it needed bleeding the correct way. starting with o/s front pump pedal 3 times holding it down on the 3rd release bleednipple repeat 9 more times, then n/s rear, backs need to be bled 15 times each, then to n/s front 10 tmes and then 15 time on o/s rear. And befor you ask the book dosnt say anything about bleeding the load sencer. car passed mot now and back on the road (brill)

Hi

I need to change fluid and bleed mine, can you explain the procedure more fully.

Thanks

Brian
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Suspension / chassis / steering / brakes / wheels / tyres All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: