2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

4 wheel drive problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imp racer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 23:50    Post subject: 4 wheel drive problem Reply with quote

Hi All, just bought a 1998 3.0 lwb trooper duty, this is the fourth different 4x4 i have owned in the last 4 years!! I've only had this 2 weeks and it snowed heavily last night, so chance to use the 4WD, pressed the button at low speed, and the 4WD light flashed for a little while, then stayed on constant, no problem round the country lanes at less than 35 ish, but when I got onto the main road which was very slushy I got up to 45 ish then all of a sudden there was a crunching sound as if gears were coming out of mesh, I dipped the cluch instantly, and free wheeled for a while then re engaged the clutch, and drove on, then again when I got some more speed up the same sound, by this time the bloke behind me was a bit close, I managed to limp into a side road, release the 4WD button and get back on my way, when I got to the dual carrigeway I got up to 50+ in 2WD no problem, anyone come across this sort of thing? Just read the owners manual and no mention of a limit to speed in 4 WD Question Exclamation
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 23:50    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

screwhead
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 1:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would check the book as running in 4 wheel is not a good thing on road as it tends to make the tyre judder and puts a wholre lot of stress on the drive train as i discovered about 3 years ago when i broke a universal joint on the rear prop (i could have been more expensive !!!)
imp racer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 11:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I did read the book through on the 4WD section and just says trye noise and loss f economy would be the side effects, but I was on a slush surface anyway so it should allow for some tyre slip.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: