Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

please HELP! 3ltr trooper 1999 mega probs

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diesel1981

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 19:27    Post subject: please HELP! 3ltr trooper 1999 mega probs Reply with quote

ok here goes...bought my 99 (t) trooper duty from geraint jones in carmarthen in 2008 for £7400, 48,000 on the clock mint condition, full MOT service etc, i was happy, my mum bought it on her credit card for me..week  1 - it broke down, both batteries dead! week 1 - turbo died, back to garage and they replaced it, week 3 - turbo and cat converter went, back to garage all fixed, week 6 - turbo went again, car went back, geraints mechanics put a turbo off a 3.1 (from out the back on it) and charged me £100 to have the car back...i had no idea i had a 3 month warranty...i am clueless about cars... SOOO...week 8 - truck dies, bluey/white smoke making clouds behind me out of the exhaust, car taken to local garage as i had lost all faith in Mr jones by this point..they thought it was the fuel pump then a load of other things, contacted trading standards and natwest bank, trading standards mechanic came out and have given me a statement saying that i was sold an unroadworthy car, natwest said take it to a main dealer and under consumer credit act they'd pay for it to be fixed... so decided to take it to Davies's in llanybydder which are a main dealer.
Turbo replaced, Injectors replaced under recall, new clutch, injector sleeves the list goes ON and ON..£3500 worth of work done, bank paid for all but £800 of it and WONT pay anymore as we had to sign a full and final settlement statement for them to pay for the other work...So i happily pick up my truck from llanybydder and all is well for a day, i was driving to swansea aproaching the M4 corridor at 50mph, the truck cut out, no brakes nothing!!! i pulled up the handbrake, both hands on the wheel and rammed her into a hedge to avoid killing myself.  Davies's collected the truck from the roadside and took it back to llanybydder where upon examination they found the head was cracked and the pistons were pitted beyond repair resulting in me needing a new engine (which isuzu wont provide) costing £7500!!! the car has been in llanybydder now for aproaching 14 months i just dont know what to do..Davies's are trying to get me an engine and they've said they'll take installments on the work to ease my financial situation, BUT, when the car went to them we told them that the bank would pay for ALL the work so go through the car with a fine tooth comb and tell us whats wrong with it, compile a report and natwest will pay, if they'd said i needed a new bloody engine then i'd have my truck back now!! its costing me £180 a month minimum payment on the credit card, the bank wont pay anymore and i cant use the car!!
Apparently too much time has gone by to take on geraint jones and i can only take on Davies's which i dont want to do as i feel they have been fair, they said the contacted Japan and a mechanic came and assesed my car and isuzu wont replace the engine...
What do i do...anyone got a reliable 3ltr they wanna sell me? lol any info would be fab, i am at my wits end Sad
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 19:27    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Gribble

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 19:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a tale of terrors ! I would say that somebody is not a very good mechanic somewhere along the line .

The turbo going more than once suggest an oil supply/pressure  fault to me .

If you have got broken pistons and a cracked head its a rebuild for sure , another engine is the cheaper option at this stage if IM wont pick up the bill . That does not surprise me as the Japanese will pay out but only once .

Got a nice reliable Trooper or two  here if you really want one after your experiences !
richard wilkinson

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

so daives where the last peeps to work on the car and carry out all the neccercerry repair work according to there own inspection and it packed up the day after and they then tell you it needs a new engine have i read that right
diesel1981

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 19:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes thats right x they said they contacted japan to try and get me a new engine, it took 4 weeks for them to get back in touch, then they said an assesor had checked the car and isuzu wouldnt replace the engine Sad
diesel1981

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 19:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ gribble .... LOL no thanks! wanna get mine working and run it into the ground!! but if u have a nice engine 4 sale i'd be interested LOL
richard wilkinson

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 19:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

diesel1981 wrote:
yes thats right x they said they contacted japan to try and get me a new engine, it took 4 weeks for them to get back in touch, then they said an assesor had checked the car and isuzu wouldnt replace the engine Sad

think you need to contact im by phone and in writing explain all this have you got the receipts for the work carried out
i personly think right at this moment you have issue with davies
diesel1981

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 19:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've got a folder FULL of every single invoice, letter etc on advice from trading standards/citizens advice...have kept the lot including all the bank statements and letters, will get in touch with them 1st thing monday, am gutted over the whole thing, i love my truck lol bought it to tow my horses about have only driven her 20 times since i bought her
richard wilkinson

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 19:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="diesel1981"]i've got a folder FULL of every single invoice, letter etc on advice from trading standards/citizens advice...have kept the lot including all the bank statements and letters, will get in touch with them 1st thing monday, am gutted over the whole thing, i love my truck lol bought it to tow my horses about have only driven her 20 times since i bought her[/quote
in my oppion davies had the chance to write the truck off for you and you woud have been paid out
think you need to know that that did contact isuzu which i beleave they do through im and a second oppinion on what and why went wrong
Gribble

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 20:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how long did you drive it for in 2008 and how longs it been dead ?
diesel1981

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 20:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanks, will contact them monday 1st thing, will post and let u know what happens, fingers, legs, everything crossed lol
diesel1981

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 20:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've driven it 20 times since purchasing it in 2008, its been dead in llanybydder for nearly 14 months now while i've been disputing how it gets fixed.
richard wilkinson

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 20:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

diesel1981 wrote:
i've driven it 20 times since purchasing it in 2008, its been dead in llanybydder for nearly 14 months now while i've been disputing how it gets fixed.

and how much they wanting to charge you to do the work
Gribble

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 20:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm , when the garage looked at the last time did they say or suggest any reason for it going pop on you ?

Or was it along the lines of ' oh dear what can be up now ? ' followed with 'oh all this lots wrong now, we will speak to Isuzu for you ' and then came the dispute ?
diesel1981

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 20:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

for a new engine to be fitted est cost is £7500, as it stands they are looking for an engine up to £750 that i will purchase and they will fit and they have said they will sort out a payment plan for me to pay labour costs, when i mentioned trading standards had been informed they *beep* themselves and i thought that was odd but i kept the info close to my chest as i didnt want them to know i'd been told to take them on in court, as i said i dont want to do it but something isnt right, can feel it in me bones lol
diesel1981

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 20:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

gribble - thats exactly whats happened, when we said we told u to check everything as the bank would've paid for a new engine they said they were trying to keep costs down for us, but this has resulted in more costs, they say "shards of metal from a faulty turbo have pitted the pistons and resulted in a cracked cylinder head, damage is irrepairable" Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: