All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Door Speaker upgrade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saltr

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:58    Post subject: Door Speaker upgrade Reply with quote

I have a Trooper Duty 3.0 TD, which has had a DAB radio/CD unit fitted by the previous owner. The original factory fitted (?) Clarions in the front doors do not give it justice, which look like standard 6 inch speakers, I attempted to replace with a pair of Sony units. However, these are approximately 10mm bigger than the Clarions and therefore do not fit in the resess in the door. Tilley's of Bristol (my nearest dealer) inform me that Isuzu list VOD 5 inch speakers as an upgrade. Has anyone come up against this problem and found a solution, I don't really want to start cutting into panels if at all possible. The rear speakers have plenty of room around them so I don't anticipate problems there Confused
Belated Happy New Year to all.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:58    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

chris

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 14:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

i fitted sony xplod speakers. (not massively powerful 120w) but very clear and crisp.
i brought them from halfords. i removed an old speaker and they found a matching pattern that fitted stright in.

i did also renew the cable with low ohms cables.
i think they were 40or 60 a pair.

you can even get them with flashing leds built in! Rolling Eyes (if your that way inclinded!)
saltr

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 22:37    Post subject: Flashing LED's etc Reply with quote

Hi Chris,
Thank's for the info, I've managed to find a pair of 16cm 2 way Pioneers, I wasn't looking in the right place Embarassed . No I'm not into flashing LED's, but I went into a local Sainsbury's toilet today and came out rather taken by the interior UV light - now there's a thought! Idea
chris

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 23:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive seen UV's on nova's Rolling Eyes but a trooper................! umm
ah ive seen them fitted to a lowered yes... lowered hilux surf on 21'' rims..
i dont think the poor boy understood the term offroad 4X4!!!! Razz
mickydrew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 0:23    Post subject: Newbie with half a clue Reply with quote

I have a 92 3.1TD Citation. Have completed a complete upgrade of the stereo & speaker systems.

FRONT: JBL 6.5" P52 160w woofer & Tweeter
PROBLEM: Speaker just slightly too deep for recess and the funky grey plastic door frame surround on car.
SOLUTION: Had to cut the entire back plastic away to fit speaker making sure the window glass did not strike it on then way down! Did not use the plastic speaker plate but did use the metal ring & new JBL screws. Was a complete git to get the screws in.
RESULT: Excellent speaker, biggest *beep* I could get in there. Amazing sound and no theiving scrot knows they are there.

REAR: JBL GTA526 5.25" 145W Woofer & Tweeter.

Only problem here was a new set of holes needed to be drilled in the frame. Speakers fitted the hole perectly. Better than putting 4.25" in.
RESULT: Great sound again.

LAST PROBLEM: had to cut off the original Isuzu speaker connectors and fit on new spade connectors. No probs except the wires are now a tad too short for easy fitting.
Once complete though the whole thing is worthwhile as the sound is exceptional.

Added a new SONY MP3 player at 50w x 4. Only problem here was I could not find a plug from the Troop top the head unit. Problem here is I live in Spain with a UK Troop and these bits are impossible to get. But would you belive it 2 weeks after I had to cut off the Troops plug and do a complete rewire on the head unit the local "Halfords" lookelikey got the bloody socket after they had told me they would never have it!
Kept the original speaker wires as they are pretty good quality.

Also added a JBL tube SUB and a SONY Xplode 300w amp in the back. Enough room to keep it in there all the time and the acoustics are great. Well worth the money even though it was not a fortune.

If you need any help, give me a shout.

Good Luck

Mick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: