QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

TPS Recall

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spark

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 20:11    Post subject: TPS Recall Reply with quote

I got an engine warning light on my 04 Trooper Auto, enginge racing, poor response from accelerator and sudden acceleration accompanied by black smoke. Took it to the garage on Monday, ( not Isuzu dealer ) since been advised that it is the TPS. Looking at a bill of about 800 quid. Is this a recall issue please, anyone know? I have contacted Isuzu but as yet have heard nothing.

Thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 20:11    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

TrooperDan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 20:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

diy  Wink

http://www.milneroffroad.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=76_77_701_1032&product_id=28624

however this may not fix the smoking issue  Crying or Very sad
spark

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:10    Post subject: TPS Continued Reply with quote

Right, I checked the VOSA sight, recall on the way regarding enginge speed increase due to faulty TPS. I contacted Isuzu UK and my nearest dealer. Dealer got back to and admitted that there  was to be a recall of some 12500 vehicles but was being kept low profile for now due to the fact that they did not have a sufficiant stock of the required parts. The dealer suggested that I phone Isuzu which I did, they took my car details and confirmed that I was affected by the TPS issue. I was told to take my car to the dealer, ( 40 miles away), I asked about a courtesy car but no deal. The dealer ran a diagnostic and confirmed TPS to be the problem. They contacted Isuzu UK and were told to go ahead with the repair. After they carried out the work instructed by Isuzu UK the problem was  still there and to continue to use the car could damage the engine. The dealer informed I.U.K. and they basically washed their hands of the matter. I once again contacted I.U.K. and they said that although the TPS suffered oil contamination due to the latent fault they had no reason to believe that this was causing the TPS to malfunction and they were not willing to proceed any further, I would have to pay any additional costs. So I am out of pocket for a hire car, travel back and forwards to the dealer and now substantial parts and labour charges so be warned this could happen to you.
markymoan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

The recall is not for the TPS, its for the wiring.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 15:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I have a similar issue!
I took my trooper in today for the wiring recall and to find the diesel leak.
they cant fix the wiring recall due to the CEL, the CEL is apparently the TPS.
So they need to fix the TPS in order to fix the CEL in order to do the wiring harness!

So will my TPS be carried out under the same warranty as the wiring recall?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: