QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Damn cigarette lighter!

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigbaldbloke

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 15:59    Post subject: Damn cigarette lighter! Reply with quote

Hasn't worked since I got it. 20A fuse is fine. I've tried a working lighter plug in there & I think it blew that too!

Fitted a halfords one today..... nothing. Investigated the wiring & found a 2nd set of live & earth connectors. Tried them. Nothing!

What's my next step? Is it likely to be a short? If so, where does the wiring go? Via its own loom to the fuse? Via the main loom? Am I better off running a 20A fused lead from the battery?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 15:59    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

DAVE FROM NEWCASTLE

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 22:37    Post subject: NAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW Reply with quote

NAW BOX OF SWAN VISTA BETTER AND CHEAPER LOL 8) 8) 8)
bigbaldbloke

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 23:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not for recharging my mobile it isn't!
signetone

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 23:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Have wiring diagram from handbook.

Can email handbook to you in pdf.

Brian
DAVE FROM NEWCASTLE

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 23:28    Post subject: ARRRRR HUH Reply with quote

TRUE M8 MINE WORKS BUT I GOT NO LIGHTER BIT TO GO IN THREW IT OUT OF THE WINDOW.
WHEN I USED IT WHEN IT HEATED UP IT USED TO COME OUT AS IF IT WERE JET POWERED IT FIRED OUT ONE DAY CAUGHT IT AND FIXED IN ONE MOVE RIGHT OUT OF WINDOW CLASSED AS FINE ADJUSTMENT LOL
Laughing Laughing
HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH IT SINCE LOL
bigbaldbloke

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 23:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signetone, you're a gent, email sent.

Dave, nice one mate! I've always had a Zippo in the centre console as my lighter didn't work & you also don't get the hot bits of fag dropping in your lap. Blame the missus. Damn phone charger Xmas pressie!
bigbaldbloke

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

signetone wrote:
Hi,

Have wiring diagram from handbook.

Can email handbook to you in pdf.

Brian

Cheers mate, duly received & I'll check that earthing point today. Could you have a quick look for me & let me know if it's the same one as the intermittent wiper relay uses please? 'cos there's intermittent and then there's intermittent!
bigbaldbloke

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 19:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, the investigation continues.....

Got the old multimeter & test bulb out. Power to fuse is fine. No power to lighter BUT there IS resistance between the fuse socket & the +ve terminal of the lighter. Maybe a short? Although I keep thinking that maybe the fuse holder is dodgy. How easy is it to replace? Or are we talking the whole damn fuse panel?

Would I be better off running a fused line straight from the battery? If so, how easy is it to get the cabling through to the rear of the dash?
ian roby

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 23:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

i,ve had the same probs as you mate
but mine use to work then one day whist blowing a tyre up with a plug in tyre/cig lighter compressor thing the compressor engine seized up and i asumed it had blew the fuse but ive check all the fuses ( non blown ) this has been going on now for 2 years still cant charge my phone up run my fridge when going away fishing etc so if you sort it out please let me know
eithan h

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 0:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you changed the actual holder section that the lighter bit fits into?
ian roby

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 21:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

no i thought it was some hidden fuse that the izuey trooper was built around as in the first component and its in the hidden depths of the trooper Razz
eithan h

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 21:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

on the back of the holder is a small link wire this can have a habit of burning out as it takes the load from the edge where the plug goes on to the centre where every thing gets it's power from.
ian roby

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 21:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEY THANKS FOR THAT I WILL HAVE ALOOK TOMORROW MORNING YOU MAY HAVE SOLVED MY PROBBLEM I WILL GET BACK AND LET YOU KNOW THANKS AGAIN
bigbaldbloke

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 16:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

ian roby wrote:
HEY THANKS FOR THAT I WILL HAVE ALOOK TOMORROW MORNING YOU MAY HAVE SOLVED MY PROBBLEM I WILL GET BACK AND LET YOU KNOW THANKS AGAIN

But sadly not mine! I've replaced the whole lighter unit with a Halfords universal & checked both pairs of wired that are available behind the ashtray.....
Coppage

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 4:23    Post subject: Killed the lighter tonight. Reply with quote

Hi All,
I'm now in the same boat. I plugged an inverter into my wife's lighter and tryed to run a small rug cleaner and after a few seconds it blew something. I've checked all the fuses both under the hood and on the driver's side. Nothing is blown. I've tested the radio, lights etc.. and the only thing no longer working in the lighter. Did anyone ever find the solution? What is the easiest way to get the lighter socket out? Do I need to remove the whole dash?

Which fuse would normally drive the lighter socket?

Thanks,
Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: