Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

mk1 offroader (pics)

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Readers Drives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isuzusuzuki

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:12    Post subject: mk1 offroader (pics) Reply with quote

hi proberly should have started this sooner but he goes. i bought trooper in standard form over 18 months ago after i drowned my first trooper at furneax pelham (longest ford in europe) so swapped wheels over and side steps of first trooper kept rest as spares so will live on and keep others on road.

new one on first trip local green laning

next i fitted snorkel got a deffender one of eebuygum for £60 new ex mod plus some extra flexi pipe but werent sure on how to join up to airbox not being able to weld but purely buy luck i was at my mates who does banger racing and in his rubbish bin was a pipe from a mondeo heater matrix that was round on one end and sqaure on other so fiitted snorkel run pipe threw panel in bulk head out planking plate for wiper motor on lhd and connected up to original air intake with mondeo pipe sealed up all joins defender snorkel had dome top and i went to whaddon pay and play and could fell it holding back on motorway so changed  top one that faces foward and was fine after.also replaced auto hubs for manual hubs

at whaddon with dome top i wasnt stuck atall got out for pic lol

next i put some spots on bullbar so can see bit better when green laning at night

spots and new snorkel head

devils pit

http://youtu.be/FOtsUP8l5So

http://youtu.be/yzJfyyyGcXY

whaddon 4x4

http://youtu.be/-4YfvWMp3SM
http://youtu.be/41g3__Bw7NE

my mates £250 taxed moted 3.0 bougth for the day running rough (3.0) it latest til 3 till it overheated

green laning various places mainly hertfordshire essex Other sites

http://youtu.be/jXgUofCULs8

http://youtu.be/heUmFULsx7U

http://youtu.be/pjnpJB9Fj4s

http://youtu.be/nYY3JSTiqZA

http://youtu.be/SGqrc59CszY

http://youtu.be/ALBnfrIrUt0

http://youtu.be/qhXTZlI9AOw

this is my other toy its not from the bonnets up club but does a good impression

thats the last 18 months so decided to step up the modifictions got winch

just waiting for better weather to get fitted so it ll have winch bumper steel rear with rear lights in quater panels and strengthen the side steps they protect doors quite well in deep ruts dont seem to hit sills transfer box gaurd hits ground before them  also had a mishap bashed o/s wing the tree did jump into it  Crying or Very sad wasnt my fault atall so got new one already had n/s of first troop so they will be on when weathers better also going to get rid of grey strip and put on plastic arches off trooper in first picture, some rust proofing/underseal so when weather permits troop should look a bit different once all thats done i want a 2 inch lift some 31's

Last edited by isuzusuzuki on Wed May 02, 2012 14:25; edited 6 times in total
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:12    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

mbw13

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one mate! Must admit when I looked at the first photo I thought it was white  Embarassed
Slate
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good photos and vids mate. Love the truck Smile
DAVID's J99P
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

mbw13 wrote:
Nice one mate! Must admit when I looked at the first photo I thought it was white  Embarassed

Isn't the first picture the old truck that drowned then all the rest are of the latest truck Confused
Mind you the 14th picture down does appear to have the ghost of the first truck in the back ground Shocked  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

David ltm47
isuzusuzuki

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah first pics old trooper
this is the "ghost" had to look twice to work out what u went myself

it was my uncles he bought it to replace his v8 discovery i called "discoveralot" because he was always discovering problems  but didnt get on with it even if it was 100% reliable but he steal would say the discovery was better than the nissan nissan still going the v8 blew up on m1 and scrapped
"discoveralot"
isuzusuzuki

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 14:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

havent done anything weather not helped but started to pick up parts got some lift shackles made,hi lift brand new still in packet £50 from eebuygum, used to have tirfor but bit heavy to carry and cant use as jack so made more sense to get hi lift to do both jobs my troopers got a little step made into tow bar so can lift rear from there and straight on bull bar at the front lifts fine niece and stable aswell so was pleased with that.I have had some black plastic arches of my old trooper so cleaned them up and pulled old double sided tape off isuzu used some serious tape took ages to peel off so there ready to fit.I picked up some wellers with 31's grizzly claws today the tyres got 5-7mm tread but cracked i was only after the rims so just tryed one side on to see how they looked and pleased with them.Ive got a dented wing and a rotten one the other side i already had n/s i ordereded a o/s of eebuygum but arivved slightly twisted got in contact with seller was good about it and refunded and said keep wing so i just straighten it and will do but not perfect  Laughing when weather ok will be busy fitting things
Shackles

Hilift

Arches

old wheels

new wheels but not leaving on yet because tyres not that good

just need to get a rim for full size spare seen some on eblag but always to far and dont want to post luckily i have 1 grizzly claw that was on the weller rims ready

Last edited by isuzusuzuki on Fri Jun 15, 2012 21:03; edited 2 times in total
drinksoptional

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 21:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it a diesel or petrol
isuzusuzuki

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 21:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diesel
isuzusuzuki

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 16:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

finished work early, sun shining so thought crack on with suspension lift was dreeding it but every thing went well nothing that some wd40 didnt sought out.I followed Rhanager step by step thanks for that, lifted the back 2in with some shackles i had made and wound torsion bars up 1 and a half (was alot easy than i thought) so can go abit more but will see how it sits when ive got  winch and new wheels fitted, dont want to put cv's under to much pressure.
before

after
Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 21:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found by giving it a week or so for everything to settle worked wonders before tweaking. I made sure I went along twisty turney routes to get everything to flex a bit to get the final position.

Deceased
1994 Isuzu Bighorn LWB Mk.II 3.1TD Auto LS

drinksoptional

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 1:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad  no fair no fair mine still broke
Rhanagar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its getting there drinks Wink

Deceased
1994 Isuzu Bighorn LWB Mk.II 3.1TD Auto LS

isuzusuzuki

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 17:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had my neighbour do some body work on the trooper, i had a dent in the roof, big dent in o/s wing,a rust patch on rear door and a little patch on rear body i didnt get any pics before hes a work aholic and Knocked on door 7.30 pm to start it lol .I had some black arches and trim of my old trooper i wanted on this one and i never really liked the grey strip so had him get rid of it while he had the paint and this is the end result

I had ordered some wider arches earlier in the week ready for my 31's when i came across some secondhand tyres didnt fancy parting with £425 odd quid these days on tyres.Then was looking on eblag yesterday nearly new set of 31's 24 miles away £150 been on half hr so was straight in trooper within hr sold in my posension well pleased Very Happy .So dropped tyres of at mates first thing to put on my rims and went home and started fitting arches and trim and this is what i ended upwith makes wheels look tiny  Laughing

Luck was on my side between the showers  Laughing my uncle picked me tyres up while i carried on with trim and bits and was ready to fit new rubber

end result

so tomorrow if not p*****G down will be de rusting red oxide and undersealing propbably next week when it arrives
One thing would like opinions not shore wethher to paint under the trim black or leave red i prether red but not 100% shure at the moment

Last edited by isuzusuzuki on Fri Jun 15, 2012 21:08; edited 1 time in total
isuzusuzuki

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 17:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think im getting a serious illnes im becoming a shiney well atleast till winter when theres mud about but hard to tell these days with the weather Laughing
drinksoptional

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 21:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

get some wide masking tape lay it out spray it black then stick it under the trim see how you feel,I was just admiring that trim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Readers Drives All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: