4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Warning Lights - Check - Rear Wheels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dazzling

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 17:12    Post subject: Warning Lights - Check - Rear Wheels Reply with quote

Hi,

Can anyone help me please, I have a 1996 3.1 TD Bighorn LWB , it has truly been a great vehicle and apart from servicing has required no visits to the garage.

Last week, after I lent it to my darling wife, a light has appeared on the little diagram of the vehicle on the dashbord.

This appears to show the rear wheels flashing about once a second and the word check about 3 times a second (don't know if this is fault code??)

I have no manual and having searched this site I cannot find someone with a similar issue.

So any advise would be greatly appreciated. It had new rear discs when imported about 2 years ago.

Also my heated seat has stopped working... brrr... is there any common faults with this? The light works on the switch, but no warm derriere! Grin!

Many thanks.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 17:12    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 20:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

cant help with the light but the filament in the seats have a habit of burning out.
thengineer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

think its your 4 wheel drive light.

put it in 2wd should go out, if not after a few circuits of 4wheel drive two wheel drive its not gone.

itseither a solenoid that needs fettling in the box or wiring to it usual fault
Philp

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the wiring under the seat, there is a connector that may have come apart from someone stuffing something under the seat.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
Dazzling

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 13:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies, I will have a look at the 4WD thingie.

As I believe with my 4WD, I have an extra lever which has 3 positions, one is 2WD the other 4WD and another AUTO(???)

If I use 4WD it only does about 30 mph max, you could never run on a motorway in 4WD is that right?

With regards to my seats, both buttons illuminate, but neither of the seats get warm, I will take a tester to them and make sure power is getting to the seats at least.

eithan h mentioned that the filament in the seats can burn out, if it is this, is it simple to replace or better to forget heated seats?

Thanks for all the postings!
bigbaldbloke

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 14:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dazzling wrote:
As I believe with my 4WD, I have an extra lever which has 3 positions, one is 2WD the other 4WD and another AUTO(???)

If I use 4WD it only does about 30 mph max, you could never run on a motorway in 4WD is that right?

The 2nd & 3rd positions for the lever are 4WD low & 4WD high, depending on conditions. No, you wouldn't want to go above 30, especially as, by definition, the surface must be almost undrivable in the first place!

I don't have an indicator panel like yours (earlier vehicle), but I'd guess that it's rear brakes. Matbe your wife drove with handbrake on? Might have been final nail in the coffin!
eithan h

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 15:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

they are simple to replace you just have to be able to take the seat apart
bigbaldbloke

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 18:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

eithan h wrote:
they are simple to replace you just have to be able to take the seat apart

The brakes are in the seats? ? ? Shocked Wink
madmum
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 20:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi , I had the heating pad replaced in my 3.0l under warranty ,the dealer said this was a good thing as they come in at around £250.00, so if it is the filament I,d just leave it alone Confused
Raj

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 18:46    Post subject: Bighorn torque on demand Reply with quote

I too have the check light flashing on my 1995 bighorn. I don't know what it means. Because its a japanese import, Isuszu UK don't know either. If anyone has any info on this please let me know.

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: