QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Question for Mr Twister

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Suspension / chassis / steering / brakes / wheels / tyres
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArgyBargy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 13:52    Post subject: Question for Mr Twister Reply with quote

As you seem to be the font of all knowledge on suspension lifts, could you relay a bit of your experience with reference to the front torsion bars;

I understand from several threads that the torsion bars can be adjusted to lift the front end up to an inch or so, which combined with longer rear springs is a fairly straight forward way of getting a bit more wheelarch clearance.

However, what nobody mentions is what effect this has on the front end - does it stiffen the front end too much? does it crash over bumps? how does it affect cornering etc?

Any info would be mucho appreciated before I reach for the spanners.

Argy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 13:52    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

lesdecks

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Argy,
I was under mine today and true enough, theres a great big bolt to adjust the torsion bars.
Imagine a lever attached to the rear end of the torsion bar, with a nut at the end of the lever, as you wind up the bolt that passes through the nut it twists the torsion bar. Hey presto,.. lifted front end. What effect it has I look forward to hearing. If your thinking of doing it, I'd get underneath ASAP and give the bolt thread some WD40, cos its exposed to all the muck.
Good luck
Webby

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 13:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have raised the front of mine up to match the lifted effect having fitted the Heavy Duty OME coils to the rear. Would have to say that in my opinion the ride at the front of the vehicle is not really stiffened, just lifted. But i am currently still using the standard shocks. This does mean that if you brake hard the front of the truck drops. The ride is good now. Well considerably better than before when it used to crash against the bumpstops when i hit a lump hard. Assume it must be putting extra strain on the torsion bars, but have not heard of too many failures! Hope this helps, I'm very pleased with the results .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Suspension / chassis / steering / brakes / wheels / tyres All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: